Kubota or John Deer

/ Kubota or John Deer #91  
You do have "weinie" tractors. You should buy a Big Bud. LOL
Why would I even consider that? Not at all suited to what I do. Mine are large enough and I can actually turn them in a field, unlike that behemoth that needs a football field to change directions. In the grand scheme of things they might be a weine but that weinie is large enough to do what I need to accomplish.

/ Kubota or John Deer #92  
' Yes My Long term concern would be with the factories piston choice for Turbo / Non Turbo applications of the same Cubic displacement diesel engine.

That is what the FRED ran into with his Kubota Turbo upgrade conversion.

It ran Great for a while until it beat the piston ring lands out and then lost some compression.

Once he sourced the factory Kubota Turbo pistons that employ piston steel ring land inserts, all was well other than having to tear the engine down to replace the Normally aspirated pistons and rings.
Not only pistons and rings are different but the blocks are structurally different as well (least I think they are) to contain the added pressures of turbo charging and survive over the long haul.

/ Kubota or John Deer #93  
Why would I even consider that? Not at all suited to what I do. Mine are large enough and I can actually turn them in a field, unlike that behemoth that needs a football field to change directions. In the grand scheme of things they might be a weine but that weinie is large enough to do what I need to accomplish.
Gee
You mean just like the CUT and SCUT models many members use that do just what they want and need that you continually call weinie tractors
I have the perfect size tractor for anything I need to do on my property.

/ Kubota or John Deer #95  
same here, why I own them. Unlike scuts or cuts they are for farming.
Good for you.
But many of us don't farm, nor do I want to so our weinie tractors do exactly what we need
I could go buy a big cumbersome tractor, but it would just sit there. I have no use for one.

/ Kubota or John Deer #96  
Nor do I. I need a nimble tractor with sufficient power to adequately run my hay tools and really nothing more.

/ Kubota or John Deer #97  
Well I went and pulled the trigger on a brand new L3301. I got the front end loader, a spreader box and a heavy duty pallet fork for just under $30,000. I'll probably be going back and get a chipper and a bush hog a little later.
So far I have logged 16 hrs on the ol girl mainly scooping up gravel out of gravel piles and spreading it out around my new building site. I have a big top soil pile that I use to fill in low spots around the property and I did in just 10 minutes what it would take me a half day or more to do with my Powerking and little trailer by hand. And I wasn't tired a bit after doing it. :D As some have stated the loader is a little light for any real agressive rooting and digging but I found out pretty quick that you just have to slow down and take your time after all it's not a D8 cat. Over all I'm pretty happy with it. In 16 hrs it has only gone through a 1/4 tank of fuel. One thing I found that was not really to my liking if the fuel fill. I don't know what brain child came uo with the idea of placing it on top center of the hood, especially with the way these new fuel cans we have today. I can see a lot of of fuel all over the place when trying to ballance yourself in one spot for 15 minutes while fuel drips from these stewpid so called safty cans. Other than that it seems like a pretty solid machine you just have to take your time with it.
I use a cheap battery pump that inserts into the fuel canister. You will still need rest the fuel canister on a tall bucket so the hose will reach the fuel port on the tractor.

Battery Pump

/ Kubota or John Deer #98  
Good for you.
But many of us don't farm, nor do I want to so our weinie tractors do exactly what we need
I could go buy a big cumbersome tractor, but it would just sit there. I have no use for one.
YET: Quote [Why would I even consider that? Not at all suited to what I do. Mine are large enough and I can actually turn them in a field, unlike that behemoth that needs a football field to change directions. In the grand scheme of things they might be a weine but that weinie is large enough to do what I need to accomplish.]

I think he just likes crapping on everyone with a tractor smaller than his in every single post. Must have been picked on as a kid, LOL

/ Kubota or John Deer #99  
I think he just likes crapping on everyone with a tractor smaller than his in every single post. Must have been picked on as a kid, LOL
He's been doing it for years and it gets old.
If I need a bigger tractor I'll buy one. But I don't !!
My weinie tractor does everything I need it to do.

/ Kubota or John Deer #100  
He's been doing it for years and it gets old.
If I need a bigger tractor I'll buy one. But I don't !!
My weinie tractor does everything I need it to do.
I hear ya. I got nothing against the guy, don't even know him, but like you say it gets tiring. If you hate small tractors so much why do you read all the small tractor threads, then have to tell us over and over again "I have no use" and "they are not real tractors"