Kubota or John Deer

/ Kubota or John Deer #161  
The more I think about this the more I don't like it. I know the gubment has the final say in what and how manfacturers can build stuff. But this thing of having to run my tractor WFO all the time just to keep it out of the shop has me a little, well just say not happy. For the past couple days I have been trying to do that but now I'm seeing the hour meter adding up hours and the fuel gauge dropping like crazy. I mean the hour meter seemed a little fast before but now it really flies. I hate to keep ragging on about this but hopefully it might help someone else who might be thinking about going out and buying a shiny new tractor.
Some might say at the ripe old age of 75 what does it matter? Well it's not just me im thinking about. I've owned many pieces of equipment in my life, tractors, track and wheel loaders, Dozers, backhoes, excavators and more and they all had one thing in common and that was to get work done. Now don't take this wrong, my life is a little easier with this new machine around but it worries me that the way this is going I'll have a 1000 hours on this thing before this year is out. Every thing I have ever run measures hours by the amount of work the machine is doing not by how much carbon that extra muffler is burning up.
I asked them about it and their answer was, it's just the way these new tractors are. That's something else I wish someone had told me about before I went out and spent $30,000. On top of all this I found out this morning that Bud lite cans will soon be flying the rainbow banner on their cans. Something else to worry about, now I got to find a new beer. The world is just changing too fast for me now.
End of rant.....

So why not go buy a good older tractor and use it however you like? Avoid the problems entirely. You are a mechanic with a lifetime of experience, and certainly know there are models available without any emissions controls at all. Don't blame you for trying a new one, but no sense in staying with it if it isn't as good as the older ones.
Cut your losses and put money in your pocket both.

Using your mechanical knowledge you can pick a good one. And you know that in the tractor world, nothing of consequence - except emissions - has changed in the last 15 years. Except for emissions controls, today's tractors are the same as yesteryear's.

Plus you already know that a good old tractor with a few thousand hours will not only cost less than a new one, but will last for your kids and grand kids both.
No ranting necessary.....
rScotty

/ Kubota or John Deer #164  
With as bad as all beer taste, it's a mystery to me why anyone would even drink beer.

SR

I have to agree with you! My Dad used to drink "Genesee" brand beer when I was growing up on the farm in Pennsylvania in the 50s; one day he let me have a swallow. Yuck! Hated the taste then and still do. People tell me "you get used to the taste and then you like it"...tell me why I should? Not like it does my body good!

Last beer I had was in Vietnam 50+ years ago...and that was only because we'd run out of water purification pills and that jungle water was unsafe to drink.

/ Kubota or John Deer #165  
Lots of different beers. 'Beer' is not a flavor. Most Americans have no idea what good beer even tastes like.

/ Kubota or John Deer #166  
Mmmm.. Shiner..

/ Kubota or John Deer #167  
Lots of different beers. 'Beer' is not a flavor. Most Americans have no idea what good beer even tastes like.
Actually that is changing fast with all of the good local craft breweries.

/ Kubota or John Deer #168  
IMHO BEER JUST PLAIN STINKS :ROFLMAO:

willy

/ Kubota or John Deer #169  
For just over 30K, you can pick up a 2023 Kioti DK 4720SE HST. It’s a 45HP with 33.4 on the pto. I’m picking one up on Tue.

/ Kubota or John Deer
With as bad as all beer taste, it's a mystery to me why anyone would even drink beer.

SR
Blasphemy!! Beer good and besides you might get rich selling the empty cans it comes in.💲💲