Kubota MX6000 seat switch function and disabling

/ Kubota MX6000 seat switch function and disabling #1  

PeteN

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2020 LS MT357HC
I know a guy that has a Kubota MX5800 who needs to bypass the seat switch in order for the PTO to keep turning on his wood chipper when he gets off the tractor. Remarkably, when I asked the dealer about this he had no clue on if there is a way to keep the PTO turning when using this type of attachment. Is the MX6000HST the same?

/ Kubota MX6000 seat switch function and disabling #2  
Read the owner's manual to see if the feature is already built in. I don't know M series at all but my L2501 permits you to get off the seat with the tractor and PTO running. There is a time delay. You must get up then flip the seat up within (I think) two seconds and the tractor will continue to run with the PTO engaged.

/ Kubota MX6000 seat switch function and disabling
Don't have the tractor or owner's manual, just curious. I tested this out on a Branson 20 series tractor yesterday and the PTO runs even with no one in the seat. I'd think there is something similar to yours on the M series as well to disable the seat switch for PTO use.

/ Kubota MX6000 seat switch function and disabling #4  
Kioti won't let you start the tractor with PTO engaged but once the tractor is running you only need to be in neutral and have the parking brake engaged to run the PTO. This is particularly handy when running an auger to drill post holes. The remote lever allows you to raise and lower the 3pt links while standing at the rear of tractor, the PTO switch is easy to reach from there as well. The remote lever is also handy when hitching up an implement. As far as Kubotas, I had heard others also say that if you flip the seat up you are good to go.

/ Kubota MX6000 seat switch function and disabling #5  
I know a guy that has a Kubota MX5800 who needs to bypass the seat switch in order for the PTO to keep turning on his wood chipper when he gets off the tractor. Remarkably, when I asked the dealer about this he had no clue on if there is a way to keep the PTO turning when using this type of attachment. Is the MX6000HST the same?
Here's a link to an online manual. Check out page 46.

/ Kubota MX6000 seat switch function and disabling
There you go, on page 46 of the manual it states how to use the PTO when not seated. Tip the seat forward. I'd have thought the dealer would know about this. It's not like they are new to Kubota or I was talking to a young kid. Sure was good at trying to upsell me on accessories though!

/ Kubota MX6000 seat switch function and disabling #7  
First mod on my Wrangler was disabling the seat belt alarm so I could drive it to the mailbox without the seat belt on!

Guess I'm just living on the edge.

Makes me wonder how Grandpa survived without a seat safety switch on the old '49 JD.