Kubota F series

/ Kubota F series #481  
Kubota F series decks lift up hydraulically, no manual lifting required for cutting height adjusting.

I have set the cutting height once to where I wanted it and let it be - no need to mess with it in my case.
Mine requires all 4 corners of the deck to be adjusted manually. You have to pull pins and rotate the vertical supports.
Mine lifts hydraulically, but only for the purpose of clearing obstacles or setting the cutting wheels to the height you desire.
If I lift my deck off its’ wheels and tried to cut, the deck would bounce up & down.

/ Kubota F series #482  
Grasshopper definitely has the front deck models figured out. Even for the vertical service position of deck it’s completely servo driven so just the flip of a switch away. If they made a 4x4 model I would get another Grasshopper without hesitation

/ Kubota F series #483  
It would likely take a redesign of most everything so it's understandable why it has not happened - has not made business sense for them so far.

/ Kubota F series #484  
Picked up my 2nd f series kubota. 2010 3080 with blower and mower. Local dealer trade, price was pretty reasonable I thought. 2600 hours. Definitely lots of maintenance needed, but I'll slowly get the bugs worked out.

Attachments

• 20230305_191409.jpg
    20230305_191409.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 78
  • 20230228_170517.jpg
    20230228_170517.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 79
   / Kubota F series #485  
Great machine for hillside mowing. Extremely safe & predictable.

/ Kubota F series #486  
Picked up my 2nd f series kubota. 2010 3080 with blower and mower. Local dealer trade, price was pretty reasonable I thought. 2600 hours. Definitely lots of maintenance needed, but I'll slowly get the bugs worked out.

Great mower & blower!

/ Kubota F series #487  
So I was going through my F3680 today and removed the breather on the top of the valve cover. I made an interesting finding. Popped the screws on the cap and looked underneath. Theres a small flat rubber flap. Looked ok at first, then I saw something strange in the valve cover opening- a dead, little wormy-lookin bug.
I then peeled the rubber flap back and was surprised to see a mud wasp got in through a tiny hole in the breather cap cover and built a pretty significant mud nest between the metal cap and the rubber flapper. The mud was also in the spring between the flapper and the cap, so the spring was kind of frozen-up.

1681003952701.jpeg

I vacuumed out the debris, cleaned all the mud cells between the rubber flap and the cap and reassembled.
May have to replace the assembly, but it seemed ok. Hopefully no more blown rubber plugs down on the block from crankcase over pressure.

/ Kubota F series #488  
After spending around 10 hours for the last two days clearing up storm debris with my chainsaw and Deere 955 with loader, I finally had the chance to mow my 5 acre property for the first time with my new F 2690.

I love the cut quality and it is definitely faster than using my Deere 955 with its 72" midmount deck. The rear discharge is great since it will mow flush either side but what I really like is not having all of the clipping and debris blowing back on me. What a HUGE difference from the side discharge on the tractor in not getting coated with clippings.

This first cut took about 90 minutes with a definite learning curve so I will get faster and it was interesting transitioning from using the Deere two pedal hydrostat in the morning and then the Kubota treadle pedal this afternoon. I initially hated the single pedal but once I got used to it I started really liking it for mowing. I am still being cautious with the rear end swing with the rear steer setup until I get used to it, much like using the 3 point field mower on my Deere when working near a fence line :)

The ride is comfortable over my less than glass smooth property and I think I got the seat position, weight adjustment, lumbar, and tilt dialed in to what I want near the end of the mowing session. I checked the grills and screen 30 minutes in, the grill had a very small amount of grass with nothing on the hydraulic cooler and radiator screen so the engine compartment hood/screen is doing a nice job. I only had to slow down for bogging down in part of the area near the creek where the grass was already VERY high, the 955 would have probably gone through this faster with its higher HP engine but I just slowed down for those sections to avoid putting too much load on a new engine. Normally the grass won't get that high and for the 2 acres closest to the house I could go as fast as I wanted but it has been a strange storm filled spring leading to a very thick and tall grass area at the south end of my property.

Bottom line is I am really happy I decided on the 2690 after looking first at ZTR and then front mount mowers from both Deere and Kubota. It definitely adds to quality of life!

Rodger
2A8A8617.JPG
2A8A8623.JPG
2A8A8624.JPG

/ Kubota F series #489  
So I was going through my F3680 today and removed the breather on the top of the valve cover. I made an interesting finding. Popped the screws on the cap and looked underneath. Theres a small flat rubber flap. Looked ok at first, then I saw something strange in the valve cover opening- a dead, little wormy-lookin bug.
I then peeled the rubber flap back and was surprised to see a mud wasp got in through a tiny hole in the breather cap cover and built a pretty significant mud nest between the metal cap and the rubber flapper. The mud was also in the spring between the flapper and the cap, so the spring was kind of frozen-up.

When my Deere 955 was a few years old, I drove it out to start mowing and as soon as I engaged the PTO the engine bogged down. I drove it back to the barn to check the problem and a mud wasp had built a home around the vent on the fuel cap. Once removed the tractor was fine.

Not sure whether the little bugger built it there because he liked the smell of diesel or if he was trying to block the smell :)

Rodger

/ Kubota F series #490  
My F3690AU 72 inch back in April 2017 upon delivery . Replaced a BX2360. Just done 300 hours and decided to replace all the fluids : rear diff , crown drives , hydro and filter ( second filter ) . It now has solid rubber castor wheels on those little rims .
Also has a rear metal plate for garden trailer attachment and a larger one for a rope if it slides in a gully and needs the LR3 to pull it out . Being designed back-to-front wheel arrangement , it's easily stuck if pointing downwards in the wrong place .
Here in Oz they're USD21k plus sales tax nowadays . That's 35% up in 6 years .

Attachments

• Kubota F3690 72.JPG
    Kubota F3690 72.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 65