Kubota F series

/ Kubota F series #471  
We gonna get in trouble on this F thread with Zero pix & chat šŸ˜†

/ Kubota F series #472  
We gonna get in trouble on this F thread with Zero pix & chat šŸ˜†

After 48 pages, you expect some ā€œwanderā€. Zero turns are usually used as a basis of comparison for the ā€œFā€ type tractors, so itā€™s not surprising.

I am running both side by side to cut one large housing complex we farm hay off of. Itā€™s pretty interesting to compare them both by running them both in the same situations to see which comes out on top.

They only thing the F does better for MY situation is traction and nosing the mower under trees. The complex we cut has a lot of steep hills and trees to cut under, so itā€™s a great fit for us.

Cut quality is similar for both. Zero turn is easily 2X faster. Zero turn is also shorter and therefore you can get by with a smaller trailer.

/ Kubota F series #473  
Similar or the same parts, just assembled little different!

Swap the seat & steering around and it's a 4x4 tractor with a rear deck.

:love:

IMG_5566.JPG

/ Kubota F series #474  
1661090633471.jpeg

1661090688820.jpeg

/ Kubota F series #475  
Nice looking machine

/ Kubota F series #476  
Nice looking machine
I like it and have very gradually grown to appreciate it. On a scale of 1 to 10, Iā€™d give it about a 8.5.
Factory seat sucks and adjusting the deck height is a chore. The front deck pneumatic tires are fine until they go flat.

I deducted .5 for each of those 3 dislikes to come up with 8.5 out of 10 in case you wondered, but you probably didnā€™t.

/ Kubota F series #477  
I ordered my F2690 with 72" rear discharge deck in June and it was delivered last Friday. It is parked in the second garage next to the Corvette Z06 and Cadillac ATS and in front of the three pt snow blower for my Deere 955. With the original snow forecast for tomorrow, I thought I might have to move the Kubota to mount the snow blower on the Deere but with the forecast changed to 2.4" the Deere will easily handle that with its already mounted blade and loader :)

Looking forward to warmer weather to trying out the Kubota and also the ability to leave the loader on the Deere all of the time since it and its 72" midmount deck will be retired from lawn mowing duties.

Rodger

Attachments

• AC4I7564.jpg
    AC4I7564.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 101
  • AC4I7560.jpg
    AC4I7560.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 91
  • AC4I7559.jpg
    AC4I7559.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 101
  • AC4I7566.jpg
    AC4I7566.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 95
   / Kubota F series #478  
..........Snip.............

They only thing the F does better for MY situation is traction and nosing the mower under trees. The complex we cut has a lot of steep hills and trees to cut under, so itā€™s a great fit for us.

Those two features are important to us and the reason why we have front deck mowers (his & hers)!
In my case 'Z' model would not work well.

:cool:

/ Kubota F series #479  
I like it and have very gradually grown to appreciate it. On a scale of 1 to 10, Iā€™d give it about a 8.5.
Factory seat sucks and adjusting the deck height is a chore. The front deck pneumatic tires are fine until they go flat.

I deducted .5 for each of those 3 dislikes to come up with 8.5 out of 10 in case you wondered, but you probably didnā€™t.

I like your review. So many just say all the positives and no negatives. Most machines do have some weak points for sure. I did notice the deck was a pain in the butt as compared to my Grasshopper 900D. Itā€™s electric and very easy to adjust. No heavy lifting required either.

/ Kubota F series #480  
I like your review. So many just say all the positives and no negatives. Most machines do have some weak points for sure. I did notice the deck was a pain in the butt as compared to my Grasshopper 900D. Itā€™s electric and very easy to adjust. No heavy lifting required either.

Kubota F series decks lift up hydraulically, no manual lifting required for cutting height adjusting.

I have set the cutting height once to where I wanted it and let it be - no need to mess with it in my case.