Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Kubota B2782B pushing snow problem

/ Kubota B2782B pushing snow problem #11  
Did you check continuity of the drive train? Are you sure you don’t have a shear bolt snapped? Chain tension?
I have a B2650 with SB60 blower on the rear. Only when the snow is very crusty like after freezing rain would it bunch up briefly, otherwise it should walk right through it.

Last edited:
   / Kubota B2782B pushing snow problem #12  
Are the left and right sides of the auger properly phased 180 degrees from each other (inner-most edge of left auger is at the top when inner-most edge of right auger is at the bottom)? You may have covered this when you said that the auger is properly timed.

/ Kubota B2782B pushing snow problem #13  
He said it was all in phase and turning, however what he is describing sounds like the augers are not working.

/ Kubota B2782B pushing snow problem
Ok the service guy came and took a look at it today. What I watched when he tested it and what he said is the snow is building up on the front face of the gearbox and it eventually ends up pushing the snow in a snowball effect (pun definitely intended). Basicly the snow is wetter and heavier than I thought and once it gets fluffier it will work the way its suppose to.

I looked at the gear box and there may be a way to add a wedge shape to prevent the snow from building up on it. If I end up doing that will let everyone know.

/ Kubota B2782B pushing snow problem #15  
Ok the service guy came and took a look at it today. What I watched when he tested it and what he said is the snow is building up on the front face of the gearbox and it eventually ends up pushing the snow in a snowball effect (pun definitely intended). Basicly the snow is wetter and heavier than I thought and once it gets fluffier it will work the way its suppose to.

I looked at the gear box and there may be a way to add a wedge shape to prevent the snow from building up on it. If I end up doing that will let everyone know.

that sounds like a good idea, I like the idea of having the auger driven outside the blower area, few do that, though.

/ Kubota B2782B pushing snow problem #16  
Supersonic nose cone. Looked at a pic of your blower type, very doable.

/ Kubota B2782B pushing snow problem #17  
Invest in a gallon of Fluid Film and a either a hand sprayer or a pneumatic sprayer to coat everything that contacts
snow being the chute, spout, impeller housing, impeller paddles and cross augers.

It is more important that the chute, spout and impeller housing is coated with the fluid film as it will discharge the
snow faster and farther.

If your cross augers do not have teeth cut into the edges the snow cannot enter the cross auger housing quickly and
is pushed forward and creates the mountain of snow you are experiencing.

The gearbox is also a huge heat sink and will cause the snow to melt and create an ice ball which is what you are
experiencing.

Don't buy any of the aerosol cans of snow off or any of the other brands of snow slick stuff as the fumes are very poisonous.

Fluid Film uses lanolin made from the wool of sheep and is not toxic.

Purchase an aerosol can of Fluid Film and spray the chute and impeller housing and spray a little
on the cross augers and gearbox and you will se a big difference in how well it works.

Single stage snow blowers do not experience this problem as there is no center gear bo0x or open auger construction.

/ Kubota B2782B pushing snow problem #18  
I have a B2650hsdc with a Kubota B2782b front mount snow blower. Both are new and this is the first time using this tractor and snow blower combo but not the first time using a snowblower. I use to run a 24hp husqvarna lawn tractor with a 48" blower and that never pushed snow.

So every time I have used the blower it pushes the snow instead of blowing it it does blow a little bit but like what it should. The first time I used it it was very wet and heavy snow and that type never blows very well anyway. This last time we got between a foot to foot and a half of lighter lake effect snow and it still was pushing more snow than it was blowing. It was so bad that in 100 feet I had a 4 foot high snow pile in front of the blower. I was running the tractor at 2400 rpm the ground speed was varied between a pace I could have shoveled the snow and a brisk walking speed nothing helped. I have checked there are no broken sheer bolts, the auger turns the correct way, and is timed correctly. My dealer is going to send out a service guy to take a look at it. I am wondering if anybody has had this problem and what you found or what you think my problem is.

Thanks
What did you find was the problem? Mine does the same thing. I'm very disappointed. A [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] tractor with a snowblower on it sitting in the yard and I had to do my driveway with a John Deere 30".

Last edited:
   / Kubota B2782B pushing snow problem #19  
With our recent wet snowfall, the snow was pushing ahead of my blower also. What I found was increasing the ground speed helped some. It was just so wet, that it was snowballing like discussed above. I let it spill over the sides and blew it on the adjacent path which was not a full blower width. It was mostly the first path down the drive that it was snowballing. Jon