Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Kubota B2782B pushing snow problem

/ Kubota B2782B pushing snow problem #1  

RCFlyer330

Tractor
Kubota B2650hsdc
I have a B2650hsdc with a Kubota B2782b front mount snow blower. Both are new and this is the first time using this tractor and snow blower combo but not the first time using a snowblower. I use to run a 24hp husqvarna lawn tractor with a 48" blower and that never pushed snow.

So every time I have used the blower it pushes the snow instead of blowing it it does blow a little bit but like what it should. The first time I used it it was very wet and heavy snow and that type never blows very well anyway. This last time we got between a foot to foot and a half of lighter lake effect snow and it still was pushing more snow than it was blowing. It was so bad that in 100 feet I had a 4 foot high snow pile in front of the blower. I was running the tractor at 2400 rpm the ground speed was varied between a pace I could have shoveled the snow and a brisk walking speed nothing helped. I have checked there are no broken sheer bolts, the auger turns the correct way, and is timed correctly. My dealer is going to send out a service guy to take a look at it. I am wondering if anybody has had this problem and what you found or what you think my problem is.

Thanks

/ Kubota B2782B pushing snow problem #2  
Reading your post my first thought was something is spinning backwards. But is sounds like you covered that. Their are front and rear PTO speeds. I assume the dealer sold you the correct model? Let us know what the dealer says- obviously it isn’t right!

/ Kubota B2782B pushing snow problem #3  
A couple of pics or short video would go a long way here.

/ Kubota B2782B pushing snow problem #4  
Reading again, might be that the auger is installed backwards.

/ Kubota B2782B pushing snow problem #5  
Or gearbox is setup to run backwards.

That's my bet.

/ Kubota B2782B pushing snow problem
RNeumann
I did check the kubota website and the B2782B is what its shows for the front 63" blower. With that I have no reason to believe its the wrong model for the B2650. I will let you know what the dealer finds out but don't know when that is happening could be tomorrow or maybe the next time it snows.

metalbender
I should have gotten pictures or video but was not thinking about that I just needed to get the road open. If the service person doesn't find anything or it does it again I will get pics maybe a short video. Getting those may be a few weeks as there is no significant snow predicted for at least another week. I did check the auger it spins the correct direction and it does bring snow from the outside of the housing to the center. its not running backwards or moving snow from the center out. That's where I am stumped everything seems to work correctly but it just won't draw snow into the blower like it should.

I should add it does blow some snow but not much. I did have to go to town and while driving I looked at other people blowing snow with same design blower and smaller tractors and none of them where pushing the snow like mine.

/ Kubota B2782B pushing snow problem #7  
I always run the rpms close to the redline, which is almost 3,000 on my skidsteer. There痴 a big difference in performance between 2,400 and topline rpm.

Increase your rpms, it won稚 hurt anything; diesels love to work

/ Kubota B2782B pushing snow problem #8  
Is the chute plugged?

Post a pic of the setup from back and side views. Sometimes wet slushy snow doesnt want to blow and just sticks to everything. If its pushing powder as well and everything is turning like it should then maybe you are going too fast or the chute is getting plugged for some reason.

/ Kubota B2782B pushing snow problem
Max rpm is 2500 I don't think a 100 rpm would make too much of a difference but I could be wrong.

The chute was not clogged.

/ Kubota B2782B pushing snow problem #10  
2400 rpm to 2500 rpm is a 4.17% increase which may not sound like a lot but it can be.

I don't know the impeller diameter but assuming it is 20", that takes the impeller tip speed from 150,720 inches per minute at 2400 rpm to 157,000 inches per minute at 2500 rpm.

Several small problems can add up to one big problem. Take care of the small problems and the big problem goes away.

Some of the smaller problems can be as already discussed, not enough rpm, consistency of the snow or going too fast or slow for the conditions.