Kubota 2360 vs John Deere 2320

/ Kubota 2360 vs John Deere 2320 #1  

3forever

Tractor
Kubota BX 2360
I have a Kubota 2360 and looked at John Deere 2320 really liked John Deere for many reasons ground clearance and better 3 point hitch that would better suit my needs over what i have. I would appreciate any insight anyone may have on John Deere 2320 as far as dependability durability. trying to make an informed decision thank you new to the site.

/ Kubota 2360 vs John Deere 2320 #2  
I don't think you're going to find any generic reliability problems with the 2320. It doesn't use the transmission fan cooler that caused some problems on earlier models. About the only limitation you should be aware of is that there isn't a lot of hydraulic flow. If you intend on using any high demand hydraulic attachments, you might find the 2520 is better.

/ Kubota 2360 vs John Deere 2320 #3  
I agree with Kenny. I have a 2320 and honestly, I have enjoyed using it and owning it as about any JD compact I have ever had. I have owned a 4310, two 3720's, a 4520 and innumerable X series machines, and operated a 2520 and 4410 for extended periods, though I have never owned them, so I feel I have some experience to back an opinion. It is an extremely reliable machine. The hydraulics are not as good on a 2320 as a 2520 or 2720, so for repetitive tasks such as loader work, etc., the 2520 and up are better. The 2320 has an indirect injected Yanmar v. the direct injected in the 2520 and up, though that is not a detriment to me, aside from the fact on some very steep hills one cannot use high range in transport mode. It does not have a tilt wheel and I have found the seat adjustment not broad enough for my liking, but aside from these things I have had zero issues. It is a stout little tractor and will pull just as well as a 2520 in ground engagement duties, though JD recommends the use of a 48" box blade v. a 60" due to the reduced engine power (I use a 60" fine with mine and I live where it is fairly mountainous). I do not know how it compares with the Kubota product except to say it is a John Deere tractor, meaning that although some can give trouble the vast majority including the multiple ones I have owned are trouble free and work perfectly. I use my 2320 a lot, from mowing to loader work to box blading to snow removal and it has been really solid. I can recommend it, unless your intended use involves lots of repetitive loader work where the 2520 and up would be a better choice. The loader works great on the 2320 (200cx) and will lift the same as the 2520, but it is no speed demon for sure.

John M

/ Kubota 2360 vs John Deere 2320 #4  
I used a 2320 for 5 years. I had zero problems with it. I used it to mow, plow snow & loader work. As others said, the hydraulics are slow & it is short on power for some tasks. But that never prevented me from completing any tasks that I needed to do.

/ Kubota 2360 vs John Deere 2320 #5  
I agree with the above posters. Great tractor, as far as the hydraulics speed, I see no issues for regular tasks that a home owner would notice. Great awesome tractor. Best part of your purchase will be getting rid of that orange hat and getting a nice new GREEN lid!!:laughing:

/ Kubota 2360 vs John Deere 2320 #6  
Although, I never had a 2320, I had a 2003 2210 for 3 years, a 2006 2520 for 3 years, and now my 2008 2520 for three years in April. All bought new, and zero problems with any! You would also gain a standard quick thatch bucket, if you getting a loader.

/ Kubota 2360 vs John Deere 2320 #7  
You now have a BX2360 and are looking to step up a little bit?? If yes you might want to consider the Kubota B20 series. Both JD and Kubota are fine machines and for the most part the lines are very comparable. However the new Kubota B20 series tractors have 3 range hydros, while JD is still only two. Depending upon your use, having 3 ranges could prove to be a HUGE advantage

/ Kubota 2360 vs John Deere 2320 #8  
Agree. Your Kubota BX is a subcompact, similar to a JD2305. You're comparing Green Apples and Oranges. :laughing:
I understand, you want to step up a "click".
Did you look at the Kubota B2320? Same numbers, makes it easy.

You couldn't go wrong with either. Though, I'd see if there was a JD 2520 sitting somewhere. Just a bit nicer, to my eyes.

/ Kubota 2360 vs John Deere 2320
Thanks for all your help helps with everyones insight than you i just joined. The unit would be used for home use snow removal and work on the 4 acres of property maintaining it.

/ Kubota 2360 vs John Deere 2320 #10  
I have the JD2320 which I bought new in 2008. The only problems I have had with my tractor are the FWD and Parking brake dash lights would flicker when the tractor was getting warmed up. I had both of the switches replaced under warranty and the problem was gone........until a year or so later. The problem doesn't seem as bad as it was before but it still happens from time to time. Other than that, the only other problem you will have is wiping the smile off of your face every time you use it!

BTW, I also price the Kubota B2620 and liked it as well but the dealer was too busy selling a used motorcycle (in the middle of February) to help me much. He didn't have any B2320s or B2620s on the lot and tried pushing me toward one of the six new B7610 models that he had plenty of. I found another Kubota dealer that was an hour away an he was very helpful and even better with the price - I just was a little concerned about the distance if I ever needed any service. Plus there were a couple little features on the John Deere I liked better.

Good luck!