Kohler 7000 series

/ Kohler 7000 series #1  

GTSRider

Gold Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 3000
My Kohler 7 thousand series choke... ( 1 lever for throttle & choke ) it won't lift choke rod high enough to close choke... it seems like lever linkage at engine is at 6:30.... and should be at 6:25 in order to lift rod to close choke.... so if cable is adjusted to lift choke rod to close choke, idle is like 2,000 rpm + , and if adjusted for idle... rod does not close choke , and must be started with finger holing choke rod up. Wish they never went from the on dash 2 lever system... 1 throttle , 1 choke....made so much more sense.

/ Kohler 7000 series #2  
Every once in a while I find one that the cable adjustment won't quite correct. A couple of things that might help is selecting a different hole where the cable hooks in, lube the control so that it works freely and if you can tweak the arm on the control a tad to make the choke close better may rectify things.

/ Kohler 7000 series
   / Kohler 7000 series #4  
my mower has a Kohler elite 7000 and I see a lot of them have two cables going to the front when mine only has one. Are they always supposed to have two?

Attachments

• IMG_2001.jpeg
    IMG_2001.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 107
   / Kohler 7000 series #5  
They are built both ways. Welcome to TBN!

/ Kohler 7000 series #6  
Thank you. I just wanted to make sure something wasn't missing because it isn't running right now.