Quiet 7000 Series Kohler Muffler

/ Quiet 7000 Series Kohler Muffler #1  

GTSRider

Gold Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 3000
My Craftsman, with a 26 hp Kohler 7000 series vertical shaft v-twin is Crazy Loud , with it's tiny box muffler. Is there anyway to add a 2nd muffler to quiet this beast ? Is there anyone out there who builds custom mufflers for Kohler engines ?

GTSRider HUDSON VALLEY , NY

/ Quiet 7000 Series Kohler Muffler #2  
Kohler doesn't even supply the muffler for that mower. Husqvarna, or MTD muffler. And most use cheap mufflers with an expensive price. Never came across any quiet muffler replacement options in 24 years of doing mower repairs.

/ Quiet 7000 Series Kohler Muffler #3  
Kohler did have quiet muffler options and accessories such as silencers and stub manifolds they sold for the Courage and Command engines anyways. One would think the Courage is the same. The trick is providing one that fits on a front engine rider. They have a twin muffler that's a similar style to normal rider OEM. 32 068 01-S Quieter, I dunno. I never looked inside, but the tin can they use for the twins looks just like the ones for the singles. One could make one, or wear ear protection. IF this is an MTD Craftsman, they typically had different manifolds than most of the others.
Found this online for you. Kohler Engine Accessories Catalog - OPEengines.com

Last edited: