Kioti Warranty and Parts Support ?

/ Kioti Warranty and Parts Support ? #31  
Interesting point. However, it isn't clear that a tractor used in a commercial land development would qualify as a "consumer" item under that Act. Would a JD combine or Caterpillar excavator be covered??? Don't think so. Eric would need to seek legal advice if he wanted to go that route (which I for one would consider more ethical than just one sided public shaming).
True, if their warranty excludes commercial use he is out of luck. I doubt that though or they would have said that it wasn't covered due to commercial use rather than blaming it on his actions.
I know a business who has a LS and their warranty covers breakage (it has covered two front axle outer stub shafts and the associated parts that get messed up when the stub shaft breaks).

Aaron Z

/ Kioti Warranty and Parts Support ? #32  
True, if their warranty excludes commercial use he is out of luck. I doubt that though or they would have said that it wasn't covered due to commercial use rather than blaming it on his actions.
I know a business who has a LS and their warranty covers breakage (it has covered two front axle outer stub shafts and the associated parts that get messed up when the stub shaft breaks).

Aaron Z

I'd imagine Kioti's warranty does not exclude commercial use however I'm not sure the MM Act would apply as that was clearly aimed at consumer goods. So his warranty might cover commercial use but still be invalidated if he performed unauthorized modifications.

Sounds like he chose a relatively inexperienced dealer which has added to his woes. Hard to imagine a dealer that has never split a tractor but on the other hand, and relevant to the OP's question, that does tell you something about the reliability of Kioti tractors.

/ Kioti Warranty and Parts Support ? #33  
I think EricTheOracle (really dude???) is misrepresenting what has transpired and is playing a biased social media game to besmirch his dealer and Kioti. We don't hear the other side and Eric is conveniently ignoring the abuse he has subjected his tractor to as well as blatantly violating terms of the warranty by doing his own modifications. In medicine it is said that a physician who treats himself has a fool for a patient, I think that has some relevance here when a too smart for school mechanic decides to start fiddling with his first tractor to "improve it". Whether his modifications were good or not, Kioti is clearly within their rights to void his warranty. Who knows what other "improvements" he has made. Ford, Ram and GM would all void a truck warranty if you chip the engine. Same issue here.

Look at Eric's main post describing his ongoing issues with his NX6010 (which I believe is the first tractor he has ever owned despite setting himself up as an expert in his videos). He had a pretty steep learning curve in which he broke various tractor bits and ??implements as I recall.

Point is, Eric is now trying to sell his sad sack story and figure out ways to use TBN and social media to embarrass Kioti but he is only giving a very biased recitation of the whole story. Go watch his early videos as he cackles while abusing the tractor in the woods (watch them before he decides to edit abuse out). There are two sides to this story.

And, by the way, I suspect he has a legitimate issue with the range shift that is likely unrelated to his modifications or tractor abuse. An unnecessarily self voided warranty can be a real beach..

Are you kidding me?

Facts.

1) I was denied a warranty without any dealer inspections whatsoever.

2) My modifications are: I insulated my cab, I added a third function, I added LED cab lights, and I installed a warmer T-stat that allows the tractor to run at its normal designed operating temperature in northern Minnesota.

Later I added better protection for the exposed rubber boots on the hydraulic steering ram, and I fabbed up three interlocking metal plates to protect the undercarriage from damage once I realized how vulnerable it was to damage from running over short, light brush.

3) The video in question: I'm running a bucket in float with a cutting edge on the leading edge of the bucket. Compared to hand cutting that i had been doing I was thrilled. This was also the only time I used the BX expanded cutting edge this way. I didn't hit anything. I'm not pushing dirt. The brush is growing in soft sphagnum to the point where each 3/8"-1/2 little stalk can get pulled out by hand or it bends over and get run over. Is this reason to void the entire warranty? Literally my sister was using a lawnmower to cut the same material. Are Kiotis so weak that they cannot use a cutting edge commonly used on smaller tractors on the same type of material? Is a 22hp Toro lawn mower that much tougher than a 60hp Kioti tractor?

4) I do not appreciate the character attack on my person. You have no right to do so. I have sat on this problem for a year-and-a-half because I'm stressed about it and would rather not even discuss it. No customer should ever be placed in this lousy position but without any recourse, all I can do is publicly shame the American importer into doing the right thing. My interface with dealers who have also watched all my videos, have shared this is a real BS move on the American importer's part to deny my warranty.

/ Kioti Warranty and Parts Support ? #34  

Aaron Z

I don't use my tractor commercially and neither have I depreciated or written off anything tractor-related on my taxes. I'm a real estate broker.

/ Kioti Warranty and Parts Support ? #35  
I don't use my tractor commercially and neither have I depreciated or written off anything tractor-related on my taxes. I'm a real estate broker.

You have stated multiple times that you are using the tractor almost exclusively in developing a resort/camp area on some waterfront land you purchased. I recall you will sell or rent those lots. Most folks would call that commercial land development. If you are just clearing the land as a hobby then I am mistook.

/ Kioti Warranty and Parts Support ? #36  
Are you kidding me?

Facts.

1) I was denied a warranty without any dealer inspections whatsoever.

2) My modifications are: I insulated my cab, I added a third function, I added LED cab lights, and I installed a warmer T-stat that allows the tractor to run at its normal designed operating temperature in northern Minnesota.

Later I added better protection for the exposed rubber boots on the hydraulic steering ram, and I fabbed up three interlocking metal plates to protect the undercarriage from damage once I realized how vulnerable it was to damage from running over short, light brush.

3) The video in question: I'm running a bucket in float with a cutting edge on the leading edge of the bucket. Compared to hand cutting that i had been doing I was thrilled. This was also the only time I used the BX expanded cutting edge this way. I didn't hit anything. I'm not pushing dirt. The brush is growing in soft sphagnum to the point where each 3/8"-1/2 little stalk can get pulled out by hand or it bends over and get run over. Is this reason to void the entire warranty? Literally my sister was using a lawnmower to cut the same material. Are Kiotis so weak that they cannot use a cutting edge commonly used on smaller tractors on the same type of material? Is a 22hp Toro lawn mower that much tougher than a 60hp Kioti tractor?

4) I do not appreciate the character attack on my person. You have no right to do so. I have sat on this problem for a year-and-a-half because I'm stressed about it and would rather not even discuss it. No customer should ever be placed in this lousy position but without any recourse, all I can do is publicly shame the American importer into doing the right thing. My interface with dealers who have also watched all my videos, have shared this is a real BS move on the American importer's part to deny my warranty.

It is not typical of Kioti to deny warranty claims in general and I cannot imagine they denied you without some reason you haven't disclosed. I agree it is very odd that there was no dealer inspection. Did you take the tractor to the dealer? Have you discussed the issue with corporate customer service or a regional field rep? Do you have any evidence that other NX tractors have popped into neutral? You sure it couldn't be operator related?

The only other thing I can imagine is that perhaps your youtube account or posts here or prior dealer interactions gave them cause for concern and a reason for them to deny your claim. I seriously doubt they simply decided to randomly ignore you. If they have then you need to file a BBB complaint and alert the Michigan attorney generals office or get a lawyer. Making threats to smear the company on social media is not taking the high road. It also provides Kioti lawyers with evidence you may not want thrown back in your face later.

/ Kioti Warranty and Parts Support ? #37  
You have stated multiple times that you are using the tractor almost exclusively in developing a resort/camp area on some waterfront land you purchased. I recall you will sell or rent those lots. Most folks would call that commercial land development. If you are just clearing the land as a hobby then I am mistook.

I have a privately owned property that I have not done a thing with where nearly all of my tractor videos are taken. The real estate is zoned vacant rural. There are no buildings, no septic, no power. There are no leased lots, there are no tenants, there are no leases or any other commercial activity.

/ Kioti Warranty and Parts Support ? #38  
It is not typical of Kioti to deny warranty claims in general and I cannot imagine they denied you without some reason you haven't disclosed. I agree it is very odd that there was no dealer inspection. Did you take the tractor to the dealer? Have you discussed the issue with corporate customer service or a regional field rep? Do you have any evidence that other NX tractors have popped into neutral? You sure it couldn't be operator related?

The only other thing I can imagine is that perhaps your youtube account or posts here or prior dealer interactions gave them cause for concern and a reason for them to deny your claim. I seriously doubt they simply decided to randomly ignore you. If they have then you need to file a BBB complaint and alert the Michigan attorney generals office or get a lawyer. Making threats to smear the company on social media is not taking the high road. It also provides Kioti lawyers with evidence you may not want thrown back in your face later.

What does Michigan have to do with Minnesota?

Literally my first use of a tractor.

/ Kioti Warranty and Parts Support ? #39  
Parts? Warantee?

Get Hurlimann and then start complaining...;-)

/ Kioti Warranty and Parts Support ? #40  
I've had two Kiotis, a DK-35SE/HST and currently a DK-40SE/HST, both of which have served me very well. The first was my first tractor and it was undersized for what I didn't know at the time was my later found need for more FEL lift capacity, and the 4 cylinder engine, etc.

Kioti, in my personal and on TBN experience as a Kioti owner/user does make every effort to treat their customer right and honor warranty work in coordination with their dealer network. That being said, they, Kioti tractors up to and prior to final Tier IV diesel engine rollout, seem to have been very reliable machines.
Yes, Tier IV final has had some issues, NOT just for Kioti, but for various manufacturers.
Anyone with extensive knowledge of machinery and it's functional applications in the field would agree, this is not unusual for there to be bugs that the consumer along with the dealer and manufacturer network work out over time. That is one of the primary benefits of buying new and having a warranty from the manufacturer.

Now, as far as The Eric goes, he and I have been down the road since he first came on TBN asking about Kiotis and spouting off about what he was going to buy, and do with his eventual purchase. At some point we agreed to disagree on certain things. It does seem IMHO, that he likes to accuse people of attacking his character when any of us here on TBN call him out on what I would enthusiastically call his BS.

He has lots of followers to his thread about his tractor and I'm sure a gazillion who follow his you-Tube videos too, BUT that doesn't mean he knows more than the average experienced tractor owner of any brand tractor. ASE certified mechanic, OK. So what. I owned and ran a private enterprise foreign auto repair facility in VT for over ten years prior to ASE certification being a thing. I was self taught, and made a lot of money working hard to keep my customer base satisfied and growing. My point is, just because one has a certain credential or skill level does not make them all knowing or all seeing, like an 'Oracle' implies.

More to the point of this thread, Eric is how about you give us TBN members some proof of your accusations against the American importer, you want to 'set on fire'.

I'd be real careful with what you say on TBN, and going forward in this thread about the importer. Not that you're going to listen to what I have to tell you, BUT your attempt to paint them as 'amoral' is just plain stupid, IMHO. You say they cancelled your entire warranty?! Show us proof positive, not just whining about how sad it makes you feel when you think about or look at your tractor. That is such pandering, it's hardly possible to keep from retching when reading this dribble.

You clearly have an ego bigger than where you come from, Minnesota, and aren't used to anyone questioning your supposed vastly superior intelligence. Yet you engage in this childish behavior of slamming and blaming everyone EXCEPT yourself for your plight. Eric the victim of the big bad importer who is out to get, JUST YOU?!

I will give you this; you do have some good info to share in what I've stomached of your egotistical videos. BUT I can guarantee you, you're NOT winning any friends with the people who make decisions about warranties on your tractor.
I'll tend to believe you have less of an axe to grind when you show proof of what you claim.

Here's the thing, mostly TBN doesn't allow for the type of denigration of a brand, the manufacturer or in this case, an importer here. Why, one might ask? Because, it is a one sided only approach that the other party in question is not here to present their side to balance things out. So until you, Eric show what would serve as proof of what you claim, I call you out on 'fake news'!

Last edited: