KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please....

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #61  
Hi to all,

I purchased a Kioti 2021 K9 2400 and am happy with the overall product but have a huge concern with engine from day 1 - brand new machine with the instrument panel indicating that the engine is over heating, panel is flashing on and off with the heat bars full as high as they can go to the top, I stopped and let it idle and it went down in heat bars right away. I then let cool right down checked rad and oil , all looked okay. I drove again and this happened on and off a few more times that day anytime I drove it a little up hill and around 35 KPH and no load on it at all. This was when outside temperatures were around 3 or 4 celcius or 35 or 40f. So I can imagine what may occur when temps are summer hot. Took it to the dealer they said it must be a faulty thermo which they said they replaced. They also said they drove it around their lot and could not get it to indicate overheat issues. I took it out next day again same thing. Im thinking this may be a quirk with this engine and it nots overheating or worse it is and the engine will fry itself. Has anyone else had any similar issues with their K9 2400?? . Im just trying decide how to approach these guys at the dealership as they seem to think its just a thermo and its not really overheating and also claiming they could not get it do what i saw it do.

Thanks
Don't let your K9 get outside the warranty period without getting this problem FULLY resolved!

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #62  
Don't let your K9 get outside the warranty period without getting this problem FULLY resolved!
I completely agree. I purchased a new Kioti tractor (that I love by the way) but hour meter did not function. I talked to the dealer about it and he said he would order one. He didn't and I ended up getting the short end of that one. That was 16 years ago and I've never had any other problems with it or any of my Kioti products. All I do is change the oil change once a year with full synthetic and kept it greased.

Hey does anybody know the Fram or other equivalent oil filter for the 2017 K9?

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #63  
Hey does anybody know the Fram or other equivalent oil filter for the 2017 K9?

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please....
Absolutely! That is what warranty is for- you paid for a new completely working machine.
Talk to the dealer owner or other in charge person and calmly explain your concerns. Then ask them how they plan to handle it. Report results back here.
Whatever the solution, get it fixed now.

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #65  
I've experienced sluggish acceleration, poor engine response to throttle, jerky starts from standing still. All poor quality drive-ability, particularly when trying to back out of my barn bay from initial start of the day.

I went to my dealer, soon after buying the Mechron and told him to replace the seat-it was coming apart on the right front- there was an actual tear in the vinyl. I knew it would only get worse with time. He swapped it out for one of the extras he had in the showroom that was not damaged. He had other seat bottoms that were also damaged.

BTW, I would not grade Kioti tractors by the Mechron issues you've experienced. Totally different animal, IMHO. I've owned two Kioti DK series tractors since 2009 and they were/are excellent machines. Absolutely NO comparison.

As to your issues, the algae, then rear wheel bearing stuck, then master cylinder? What the frig? None of that makes any sense to me. Do you see evidence of the brake master cylinder having been replaced? What is their logic as to why it was supposedly 'locking up'; I'm assuming that is their explanation...
Do they say this is a common replacement issue with these?
Is your machine now running like it never has before, all start, run and smoke etc. problems solved?

I can say mine has at random times seemed like something was releasing when it finally started to move, forward or reverse...
Your further reply about your machine may help me and others figure out what's up with these sluggish 'donkeys' ?!:confused3::eek:

I put my 2021 Kioti Mechron PS on the hoist as soon as I brought it home. I have counted between 18 and 21 grease fittings on the chassis and power train, depending upon the session. In order to grease the rear suspension I had to get some right angle fittings as there was no way to use a grease gun on the ones around the rear wheels. There are at least seven grease fittings per rear corner on my machine. It looks to me as though they need frequent service. The power train is where the grease fittings get really tricky. I think I counted four on the driveshaft aft of the engine. The forward ones are simpler. Some are hidden under rubber caps to make them even harder to find.

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #66  
I put my 2021 Kioti Mechron PS on the hoist as soon as I brought it home. I have counted between 18 and 21 grease fittings on the chassis and power train, depending upon the session. In order to grease the rear suspension I had to get some right angle fittings as there was no way to use a grease gun on the ones around the rear wheels. There are at least seven grease fittings per rear corner on my machine. It looks to me as though they need frequent service. The power train is where the grease fittings get really tricky. I think I counted four on the driveshaft aft of the engine. The forward ones are simpler. Some are hidden under rubber caps to make them even harder to find.

When I bought my K9 the dealer said grease it when you change the oil every 250 hours or once a year whichever comes first (or if you get into deep water - nope, not doing that) and it will last forever or don't and it will last as long as all of the other non-greaseable stuff out there.

From my experience on industrial equipment is that moving pieces without grease fittings are moving pieces that will not get greased and will fail way too soon. Grease fittings may be a pain and hard to get to, but they make things last so much longer and let you flush out any dirt/moisture that gets into the joint. Other than having a CVT, they really did build the Mechrons/K9s like little tractors instead of big golf carts or gocarts. I would much rather spend an hour once or twice a year with a grease gun than half a day replacing something that should have had a grease fitting but didn't. I also have a 10 year old Cub Cadet SxS and most of the non-greaseable suspension bushings squeak now when it is cold and the greasable ones don't.

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #67  
Are people still liking their Mechrons? I am in the Market for a UTV and a Mechron popped up on FB marketplace. This will be mostly for working around the property and maybe a hunting trip or 2 per year, so I am not looking for a speed demon. I like the idea of it being diesel. It will prompt me to get a diesel tank and pump at the property as I already have a diesel tractor. Are these things as tough as they say they are?

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #68  
I have the 4 door K9 which is pretty much the same drivetrain as the Mechron and am happy with it. Had the clutch adjusted under warranty, but other than that it has been flawless for about 650 miles driving around pastures checking fences, spraying mesquite, spraying pecan trees, cleaning the ditches before I mow, taking the dogs for a ride, etc.. Mileage is very good, I have put diesel in it three times since I bought it, averages about 25 mpg. Kioti builds their UTVs like little tractors - lots of grease zerks, more steel than the competition, way more utility than sport. Big thing to check is maintenance and abuse, but if he kept the oil changed and did not beat it to death it should be good.

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #69  
It looks like the Cushman Bad Boy Buggy 1600xd is the same machine. Anyone know anything about this?

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #70  
I've had my 2200ps 4 years and like the ease of getting in and out, the small amount of diesel and the rugged feel. A hydraulic dump bed would be nice as would a hst and a tight turn radius but it didn’t cost 20k.