KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please....

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #41  
Coyote Machine

Mine does not lay flat, cables are too long. I would prefer mine to lay flat. Doesn稚 matter much, because is always at dealers getting repaired, never ran decently since the day we bought it. Biggest disappointment... on an equipment purchase.

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #42  
My mechron tail gate does drop a bit when open but not enough to bother me yet. Had to put a better battery in because voltage was to low for glow plugs and then even though the engine would turn over it would start.

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #43  
Mechron owners I am so glad that I decided not to buy one after reading so much negative and problems with these machines. I am really happy with my CC 750 Challenger side x side. It may not be a diesel but works just as hard. Not bashing Kioti products cause I love Kioti CK 30 Hst it is a great little work horse and have hours of enjoyment on it from blowing snow to doing front loader work around the property.

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #44  
I have the new Kioti K9 2400. I test drove the Mechron and the K9 and went and paid a little more for the K9. I also have a CK4010 HST as you can see from my post. Like K man, I like my Kioti tractor a ton (excellent tractor with very few issues) however the K9 is not quite as impressive. I have had a few small issues shortly after taking delivery. The spray in bed liner is showing rust on the forward seam of the bed, the front hitch was not milled correctly and would not take a 2" hitch. That was replaced. The fuel indicator stays at 5/6 full constantly and needs to be replaced. The good thing about it is that is a little quieter than the Mechron, its faster and a has few more niceties. The price on the machines are hard to be beat for the value. My dealer had Cub Cadet UTVs but they are made in China, have no bench seats and I have heard that they have there fair share of issues. (that was from the Cub Cadet rep). Overall I like my K9. It is reliable (only a few hours so far so take that for what it is worth), It does a great job as an acreage worker and it was a lot less expensive than a comparable Kawa or Kubota. I would probably buy it again but not definitely.

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #45  
Sloppy Joe

I'm glad yours is working out for you. Our Mechron was in the shop or waiting parts for much of the year warranty. This last time was over two months. I really want to like ours but it has failed us most of the year. I'm impressed with the tractors they make and that's why I bought the Mechron. It looks well made. I still like the tractor line, but with our experience and the frustration with the Mechron, I find it hard to recommend to anyone. Please keep us informed as you use the K9. Thank you

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please....
Hello SloppyJoe and mmsb27,

Would you guys mind adding your UTVs to your avatar sidebar, where your tractor's are listed? This would spread the word of who owns Mechron's and or the newer K-9's - people would see the notation and you can then let them know how you like or dislike your utility vehicle. If they see it they may ask you directly; you could refer them to this thread too, if you choose to. Otherwise they have no idea you own one. See post #43 for example of the results of this thread and people knowing where to look. Thanks guys!:thumbsup:

SloppyJoe,
Glad to hear your initial report on the K-9. Please keep us informed of your thoughts, etc., as you put further hours on it. I will be going to see it when I return from va-ca in a few weeks!
Might consider trading up if the features are enough to warrant it!:eek:

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #47  
I have the new Kioti K9 2400. I test drove the Mechron and the K9 and went and paid a little more for the K9. I also have a CK4010 HST as you can see from my post. Like K man, I like my Kioti tractor a ton (excellent tractor with very few issues) however the K9 is not quite as impressive. I have had a few small issues shortly after taking delivery. The spray in bed liner is showing rust on the forward seam of the bed, the front hitch was not milled correctly and would not take a 2" hitch. That was replaced. The fuel indicator stays at 5/6 full constantly and needs to be replaced. The good thing about it is that is a little quieter than the Mechron, its faster and a has few more niceties. The price on the machines are hard to be beat for the value. My dealer had Cub Cadet UTVs but they are made in China, have no bench seats and I have heard that they have there fair share of issues. (that was from the Cub Cadet rep). Overall I like my K9. It is reliable (only a few hours so far so take that for what it is worth), It does a great job as an acreage worker and it was a lot less expensive than a comparable Kawa or Kubota. I would probably buy it again but not definitely.

Well, I hate to say it but my CC Challenger 750 EPS is still without issues so far and it is 9 months old and has worked well for me this winter snow plowing. Lots of traction, love the front and rear differential locks and electronic power steering. Fingers crossed for future issues as it breaks in.

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #48  
Hi Coyote Machine

I added the Mechron as you suggested. Hopefully I didn’t overwrite my tractor. I’m still learning the website.
My wife and I looked at and drove the new K9.
Initial thoughts are they will. Replace the Mechron with this. Some nice features like the instrumentation, placement of the parking brake, rubber coating the bed, air filter intake routing, windshield attachment set up. Some things I didn’t like are overall height is very noticeable, doors aren’t something I prefer. I did not notice the extra HP, nor the speed, or a smoother CVT. Suspension felt the same. Wife liked the tilt wheel. Seat backs were nicer too. Just some initial thoughts. I hope your Mechron is running well.
Vr
Mmsb27

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #49  
Did it Coyote. Let me take this a step further on my last post. I do in fact like my K9. Just like most folks, when you buy something, you want it all to work right and have few or no issues when you first receive it. I have had 3 very minor issues and they have and will be rectified immediately. The issue is that there is a lot of great competition out there and to be in the UTV market you have a ton of great choices. Like I had mentioned on my last post, I did test drive the Mechron as well. The K9 did go at least 6 mph faster, was quieter (not a lot but noticeably) had a bigger bed with a spray in bedliner, came with removable doors (easy to remove) a glass windshield, off road tires, roof, a large bed and spray in bed liner for a lot less than a Kubota or Kawa without those extra features. It is a working UTV no doubt. There are better choices for recreation but it is still a lot of fun. My grand daughter drives it with my assistance and I use it for a ton of things around the place from hauling dirt, trash pick up (I live off of a highway and trash gets tossed) towing a log splitter, hauling wood and many other things. It is rugged and built like a brick sh--house but with that comes the weight. It weighs just over 2000 pounds whereas a gas operated UTV of that size will weigh about 400 lbs less. It does not have front locking diff, just rear locking and front limited slip. Kioti is newer to the UTV world, but man that CK4010 HST tractor is a beast and I truly believe the best tractor in that category regardless of the price even though it is well priced below the JD and Kubota. Hope that helps, BTW how do well download pictures and you can look at my tractor and K9.

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please....
Well, I hate to say it but my CC Challenger 750 EPS is still without issues so far and it is 9 months old and has worked well for me this winter snow plowing. Lots of traction, love the front and rear differential locks and electronic power steering. Fingers crossed for future issues as it breaks in.

Thanks for your update on your CC 750 EPS, how'bout some pics of the working machine, and how many hours logged to date?

Hi Coyote Machine

I added the Mechron as you suggested. Hopefully I didn’t overwrite my tractor. I’m still learning the website.
My wife and I looked at and drove the new K9.
Initial thoughts are they will. Replace the Mechron with this. Some nice features like the instrumentation, placement of the parking brake, rubber coating the bed, air filter intake routing, windshield attachment set up. Some things I didn’t like are overall height is very noticeable, doors aren’t something I prefer. I did not notice the extra HP, nor the speed, or a smoother CVT. Suspension felt the same. Wife liked the tilt wheel. Seat backs were nicer too. Just some initial thoughts. I hope your Mechron is running well.
Vr
Mmsb27

Thanks for the observations, always helpful to potential buyers to help decide what to or not to get. Sounds like some needed improvement have been made.

Did it Coyote. Let me take this a step further on my last post. I do in fact like my K9. Just like most folks, when you buy something, you want it all to work right and have few or no issues when you first receive it. I have had 3 very minor issues and they have and will be rectified immediately. The issue is that there is a lot of great competition out there and to be in the UTV market you have a ton of great choices. Like I had mentioned on my last post, I did test drive the Mechron as well. The K9 did go at least 6 mph faster, was quieter (not a lot but noticeably) had a bigger bed with a spray in bedliner, came with removable doors (easy to remove) a glass windshield, off road tires, roof, a large bed and spray in bed liner for a lot less than a Kubota or Kawa without those extra features. It is a working UTV no doubt. There are better choices for recreation but it is still a lot of fun. My grand daughter drives it with my assistance and I use it for a ton of things around the place from hauling dirt, trash pick up (I live off of a highway and trash gets tossed) towing a log splitter, hauling wood and many other things. It is rugged and built like a brick sh--house but with that comes the weight. It weighs just over 2000 pounds whereas a gas operated UTV of that size will weigh about 400 lbs less. It does not have front locking diff, just rear locking and front limited slip. Kioti is newer to the UTV world, but man that CK4010 HST tractor is a beast and I truly believe the best tractor in that category regardless of the price even though it is well priced below the JD and Kubota. Hope that helps, BTW how do well download pictures and you can look at my tractor and K9.

Sloppy Joe, thanks for the additional details!
Can't really help om how to do the pics upload thing...you might post the question in the appropriate forum and get better advice than from me- I seldon post pics and have to relearn over like 'ground-hog Day'!
It's not too difficult- just remember to print it out or write it down. Then send me a copy!:laughing:

CM