Price Check Kioti DK40SE HST

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #141  
Of note, that is a special purpose grapple optomized for only one thing, picking up trees and logs. I have no doubt about it's ability to do that but it would be next to useless in clearing brush, picking up firewood or other general purpose grappling duties.

I disagree with your analysis of the GR-20. I use it for all kind of work, including gathering brush, hauling brush, etc. I also pick up huge boulders on a regular basis. I don't use it for digging per se because I have a backhoe and bucket/ripper tooth and hydraulically operated thumb.
Have you ever operated my model/brand grapple? If not passing judgement on what it can/can't do isn't helpful to anyone.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #142  
I disagree with your analysis of the GR-20. I use it for all kind of work, including gathering brush, hauling brush, etc. I also pick up huge boulders on a regular basis. I don't use it for digging per se because I have a backhoe and bucket/ripper tooth and hydraulically operated thumb.
Have you ever operated my model/brand grapple? If not passing judgement on what it can/can't do isn't helpful to anyone.

I have no doubt it works fine for picking up items that are at a minimum the size of the grapple width. I challenge you to pick up a one foot long piece of anything. Even 18-24 inch object (or whatever the intertine difference is) would require careful positioning. No doubt it will handle big stuff but lots of what I do with a grapple involves collecting small stuff like rocks and piece of wood. I think the intertine distance on my grapple is a bit wide and it is only 8 or 9 inches.

I don't know what you use your grapple for but I'm quite sure company that made it sells primarily to the logging industry not the general purpose grapple market.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #143  
I have no doubt it works fine for picking up items that are at a minimum the size of the grapple width. I challenge you to pick up a one foot long piece of anything. Even 18-24 inch object (or whatever the intertine difference is) would require careful positioning. No doubt it will handle big stuff but lots of what I do with a grapple involves collecting small stuff like rocks and piece of wood. I think the intertine distance on my grapple is a bit wide and it is only 8 or 9 inches.

I don't know what you use your grapple for but I'm quite sure company that made it sells primarily to the logging industry not the general purpose grapple market.

I've picked up many items smaller than the tine spacing, and if I wanted to pick up things smaller it requires just bolting an expended metal grate across the lower tines, but I've never seen the need to date. I bought the grapple at a small satellite office of a larger JD dealer here in VT. The sell everything, winches, grapples, chainsaws, tractors, small skidsteers, not by any means geared to strictly logging industry, in fact far from it. I stated what I use it for in prior post. No need to try to bash it as an all round device for CUTs. It's lightweight, strong has a small footprint and doesn't try to be both a bucket and grapple while being not well suited to either task. YMMV. Try one then tell me more about what it can/can't do.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #144  
If you buy the KL401 loader with your DK40se, does it include a grill guard? I can't find anywhere on the Kioti site where is shows the grill guard included with the loader.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #145  
If you buy the KL401 loader with your DK40se, does it include a grill guard? I can't find anywhere on the Kioti site where is shows the grill guard included with the loader.

I have never seen one without one, but it may very well be an option. I think all dealers just include it.. Lets put it this way, they all should include it...

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #146  
Off subject. Guess those new common rail engines really do make a lot of power. The NX6010 makes 60hp, only has 3 cylinders, and is less displacement then the DK40

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #147  
Off subject. Guess those new common rail engines really do make a lot of power. The NX6010 makes 60hp, only has 3 cylinders, and is less displacement then the DK40

If you're talking a tier four final or even a tier four interim you need a lot of HP to allow for the waste of power taken by the emissions reducing components now added to the engines.
But what is your point in relation to this thread?:confused2:

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #148  

Yes, the grill guard comes with the KL 401 loader.
That was one of my questions as well when I was getting ready to buy, it does say so somewhere, but I can't remember where.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #149  
The grill guard is pretty useless IMHO, BUT if you weld expanded metal between all the openings then you have a pretty effective grill guard. Ask me how I know this!:rolleyes:

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #150  
The grill guard is very useless, the expanded metal will improve it as far as protecting from sticks and stuff poking in there but the thing is still too weak, if anything of heavy weight slams into it, such as a large stump rolling against it while your loader is up it will smash that guard right into your headlight assembly. Ask me how I know that. Coyote, that looks like a darn nice grapple, something like that would do me wonders, I like your idea for building a grate for between the bottom jaws for smaller stuff too, I will have to look into that brand.