Price Check Kioti DK40SE HST

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #121  
It is not like we are ganging up on you and saying get the DK40 or anything like that, ,,, but just get the DK40 and you will be a happy camper, and telling us what great guys we are for helping you, and stuff like that... yep..

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #122  
Ask James how to do the remote Grapple hook up.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #124  
Maybe this is a loaded question, and PM me if you want. But do you feel that Kioti is just as good as Kubota. Kubota has 4 warehouses in the US for parts, and (what they call) 2 super warehouses in Japan. The Kioti dealer did mention that from time to time he has had trouble with delays on parts.

And I want to keep this unit for the rest of my life. So engine reliability is important. I feel that there will be more support 20 years from now with Kubota. maybe not from Kubota, but maybe more parts from tractors that can be parted out. Kind of like how parts are so easy to get for 8N's

Does Daedong make engines for others. Say skidsteers, refrigerated trailers, generator? I just don't know. Besides tractors, I can't find what else they do.

I have looked all over the Kioti's and they do look excellent.

It's just the little things and details that I am looking at.

I did briefly look at Mahindra. I saw seats that were cracked, faded plastic, rotted rubber, rubber that had turned yellow???
Just poor fit and finish. And this was on the Japanese and Korea units.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #125  
Apparently their engines are used in other devices..

KIOTI Tractor (pronounced /kaɪˈoʊtiː/ "coyote"), is the trade name for Daedong tractors in North America and Europe. Daedong Industrial Co., Ltd., which is based in Daegu, South Korea, was founded in 1947, producing its first tractor in 1968. In 1993, Daedong expanded into the US market with Daedong-USA, based in Wendell, North Carolina, and established the KIOTI Tractor brand. Daedong produces tractors, combines, rice transplanters, UTV’s and tillers, as well as engines used in industry and power generation. Presently, Daedong markets over 30 different tractor models in the United States, ranging from 22 to 90 horsepower, as well as a number of attachments andimplements.

I have not needed any parts other than the normal maint things. So I can't say. I think they are quality wise, every bit as good as a Kubota. They have a gear and transmission facility, and a chainmaking facility.. I assume the make stuff there for others as well. As you know industry has not been around as long in Korea as Japan, but it is coming on fast as you can see in the automobile industry, shipbuilding, and heavy machinery.

KIOTI provides comprehensive after-sale parts service and delivery through its expanding network of trained and certified KIOTI Tractor Dealerships throughout North America.

Your local Authorized KIOTI Tractor Dealer is qualified and equipped to efficiently diagnose and repair your KIOTI tractor or UTV and stocks most replacement parts on-site. For parts not in-stock, dealerships have rapid and convenient access to quality KIOTI parts through the streamlined Parts Fulfillment Warehouse in Wendell, NC.

Looks to me like there is one Warehouse But notice they said it was "rapid and convenient".:)

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #126  
I hope no one took my last post the wrong way, but that is what is going on in my mind.

If I planned to trade in 5 years I would not be so concerned.

I do thank you all.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #127  
Kioti is now where Kubota was 20 years ago. They will be here a long time as they are getting into the AG market now.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #128  
I have the DK50SE which is on the same chassis as the DK40SE and has the same loader, I love it and as far as I am concerned when talking tractors you want more weight not less, weight is the biggest contributing factor in being able to use implements, many of the old small farm tractors are less horsepower yet they are heavier allowing the tractor to still be able to pull some larger implements albeit at a lower speed. I don't have trouble with my turning radius, if I can't quite make a turn it is simple with the hydro trans to quick back up a smidge then finish the turn.

As far as the brand, Daedong makes tractors under the names, Daedong, Kioit, Bobcat(recently discontinued), McCormick, and Landini. For example my tractor the DK50SE is identical to the Bobcat CT450, they are all simply a different color sheet metal. Here is another thread with a little info on daedong:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-buying-pricing/239070-daedong-engines-any-good.html

I don't have anything against Kubota as I have never owned one but I have read posts on here about their down sides such as jerky 3pt, and when I was tractor shopping I wanted as much tractor as possible for my available money, which wasn't much, so that put Kubota, John Deere, NH, MF out of the ball park. I don't agree with paying high dollar for a tractor because it has a certain badge on it simply because of "good dealer network", I think all brands have some crappy dealers.

The dealer I bought through was 2 and a half hour drive from me, I have never went back to them for anything, and lucky for me a dealer with multiple locations near me in NorthCentral WI picked up the Kioti line after Bobcat quit the compact tractor line as they are identical with the exception of the loader, however I hope not to have need of a dealer. With the advent of the internet I don't think part availability is much issue anymore and after the 4 year warranty period is up I doubt I would have the dealer work on my tractor anyways as there are plenty of good diesel mechanics around who don't charge as much as the dealer.

I am currently on 5 and a half acres of high land hardwood with an adjoining 12 acres my cousin owns of the same land type, it is tight quarters in the woods and I get around fine, I am glad I bought the DK50SE rather than a 30 or 35 horse tractor as was my original idea.

I also have not found anything short of a massive root ball from a stump I dug out with my 9ft Woods backhoe which I couldn't lift, however I could push it so that's what I did then rolled it where I wanted it. My old boss has a 2004ish NH 30 HP and that loader was next to useless, it couldn't even lift the front of the tractor off the ground with down pressure, I knew from the start I didn't want anything like that.

I say if money is equal or close, when talking tractors go bigger and you can't go wrong, esp when bigger is also going to be nicer, but then I'm quite biased, good luck tractor hunting :D

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #130  
I really like the idea of a Grapple.

Since I am looking at more of the CK or L3800, Grapple weight becomes a concern. Some of those things weigh well over 600lbs.

The EA 50" Wicked Grapple is impressive at less then 300 lbs. I can't find another grapple that comes close.
The best grapple in the world is useless if my loader can't pick it up. Some brands, at around 600lbs, will be half or more of the loader capacity.

Yes, despite all the chest thumping by my testosterone poisoned DK40 buddies, a 300lb grapple on a L3800 or CK35 would be a perfect match. Indeed, if budget is tight, the fact that you could get a CK plus grapple for less than the L3800 makes the Kioti a no brainer in my book. I had my current 300lb grapple on my old CK20 for several years and did a huge amount of work with it. If you are not clearing land and lifting square bales rather than large round bales then 1100lbs of lift is perfectly serviceable.

Think through whether you are willing to do your own oil and fluid changes. If so you really just need a good dealer by phone as the UPS guy can bring you supplies and you are very unlikely to need the dealer for much else. My dealer is 300 miles and a ferry trip away. My DK and CK never needed to go back to the dealer. Even warranty issues (seat belt retractor and cracked fuel bowl) were handled by the UPS guy easily. If you have a cell phone and some basic tools the dealer can talk you through lots of issues. And, at least with the DK, there is a superb maintenance manual available for about $80 that no one should be without.