Price Check Kioti DK40SE HST

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #151  
The grill guard is very useless, the expanded metal will improve it as far as protecting from sticks and stuff poking in there but the thing is still too weak, if anything of heavy weight slams into it, such as a large stump rolling against it while your loader is up it will smash that guard right into your headlight assembly. Ask me how I know that. Coyote, that looks like a darn nice grapple, something like that would do me wonders, I like your idea for building a grate for between the bottom jaws for smaller stuff too, I will have to look into that brand.

I don't recall if my LS grill guard is built much heavier than the one on the DK series, but I think some people might have unrealistic expectations of them.

I found mine really handy when loading 20 and 30yd rolloff dumpsters....max lift, trying to get as close as possible, and I bumped the containers plenty of times. The grill guard did it's job, and I didn't bend/break anything.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #152  
I don't recall if my LS grill guard is built much heavier than the one on the DK series, but I think some people might have unrealistic expectations of them.

I found mine really handy when loading 20 and 30yd rolloff dumpsters....max lift, trying to get as close as possible, and I bumped the containers plenty of times. The grill guard did it's job, and I didn't bend/break anything.

It is fairly sturdy, but of course like anything, it could be destroyed. It has saved my grille a time or two pushing into brush/log piles. I am glad it is there.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #153  
My grill guard has helped but as others have noted, it will not stop a branch from poking through into the hood front. Adding some mesh or grate would help I imagine. I just accept that small items will not do serious damage and that a tractor's face shouldn't have to look perfect anyways.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #154  
This is sounding like a Kioti "love-fest"... ok. My 2 cents: I live 14 miles from my Kioti dealer. It is a small, family-owned operation that only deals in Kioti tractors and a few implements on-hand (he can order anything). He could sell any other brand. But, he doesn't. He chooses to sell and service Kioti and that is what puts food on the table. He's been there 20+ years and judging by the new inventory on the lot, he's going to be there for a while longer. I'm very happy with DS45 - I 'over bought' by about 10 HP. I run mine at a fast idle most of the time, sips less than 1/2 gallon of fuel an hour and makes my life much more enjoyable. Yeah, it's a bunch of money (ok -- it's a LOT of money in my book) -- but worth it. I'm not looking back. I'll be using this tractor 20+ yrs.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #155  
Talking around 22k The Bota match would be a L4260 or L4240 if you can find one.

Here in Canada I'm quoted $27K plus tax so looking at $31K. Nice tractor though. Very well put together!. Plus nice little extras.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #156  
Here in Canada I'm quoted $27K plus tax so looking at $31K. Nice tractor though. Very well put together!. Plus nice little extras.

Kas, that price might be a little high. I bought last April DK40 HST Cab with loaded R1's, 2nd remote, welded bucket hooks and set of filters for 50 hour change. Paid $25,735 with free loader plus tax. Probably $3k - 5k less without cab. Just outside of Ottawa.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #157  
Kas, that price might be a little high. I bought last April DK40 HST Cab with loaded R1's, 2nd remote, welded bucket hooks and set of filters for 50 hour change. Paid $25,735 with free loader plus tax. Probably $3k - 5k less without cab. Just outside of Ottawa.

I agree. I want to wait until the loader is free. Adds 5K to the price. Kioti is only giving $3.8K off right now. Did you look at a DK35 HST ? If so was there was much difference in price?

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #158  
I agree. I want to wait until the loader is free. Adds 5K to the price. Kioti is only giving $3.8K off right now. Did you look at a DK35 HST ? If so was there was much difference in price?

The problem with waiting, is the US Dollar is rising relative to the Loonie. The lower the loonie goes, the more expensive the tractor becomes. Dollar is 10% off from a year ago. Maybe a quote from another dealer is in order. Where in Ontario are you?

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #159  
The problem with waiting, is the US Dollar is rising relative to the Loonie. The lower the loonie goes, the more expensive the tractor becomes. Dollar is 10% off from a year ago. Maybe a quote from another dealer is in order. Where in Ontario are you?

I like when my dollars smash other currencies and I get more bang per buck!:drink:

Is a 'loonie' like a crazed *Canadian hockey player, with no front teeth, hurtling down the freeway toward our American way of life?!:eek::shocked:

*I am a dual citizen with Canada and US, so I can poke fun with impunity.:thumbsup:

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #160  
I like when my dollars smash other currencies and I get more bang per buck!:drink:

Is a 'loonie' like a crazed *Canadian hockey player, with no front teeth, hurtling down the freeway toward our American way of life?!:eek::shocked:

*I am a dual citizen with Canada and US, so I can poke fun with impunity.:thumbsup:

Our socialized medicine would have fixed his front teeth. :laughing: