Kioti ck3510 backhoe or comparable tractor

/ Kioti ck3510 backhoe or comparable tractor #1  

prometheus303

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 2515R
It been a while since my last post. Realistically is backhoe on tract like ck3510 capable of digging out large stump like a 36"? If not what could it take out realistically?
Let's say in 6 hours or less in time

I have use for backhoe for other projects. I'm not concern at the moment the fact how I can save on not getting a backhoe and save the money on renting mini excavator.

Last edited:
   / Kioti ck3510 backhoe or comparable tractor #2  
It will do it if you have the time. You still have to get the dirt off the roots. That's a lot of weight. You gotta get that stump out of the hole and move it somewhere. The other issue with digging out a stump is to have to fill the void with something.

When grinding, you avoid both of those issues.

/ Kioti ck3510 backhoe or comparable tractor
It will do it if you have the time. You still have to get the dirt off the roots. That's a lot of weight. You gotta get that stump out of the hole and move it somewhere. The other issue with digging out a stump is to have to fill the void with something.

When grinding, you avoid both of those issues.
We plan to dig 300 square feet of pond. So I'll plenty of dirt to fill in. I'm guessing the root ball will be very heavy. I figured pulling out of hole would be the hardest thing

/ Kioti ck3510 backhoe or comparable tractor #4  
We plan to dig 300 square feet of pond. So I'll plenty of dirt to fill in. I'm guessing the root ball will be very heavy. I figured pulling out of hole would be the hardest thing
It will be the hardest thing. You can hose off some of the dirt to shed some weight.

Rope and pulleys are going to be your friend getting it out.

It will be the hardest thing. You can hose off some of the dirt to shed some weight.

Rope and pulleys are going to be your friend getting it out.
I got a friend up the road from me that has 12,000 lbs mini excavator. He had already dug out hug live oak tree. Which dug quick than small tree because lack of tap root. The hard part was getting it out of hole.
What size root stumps in your opinion works well with tractor backhoes if given 2 hours to remove? (For average person, I dont count myself since I'm newbie)

/ Kioti ck3510 backhoe or comparable tractor #6  
I got a friend up the road from me that has 12,000 lbs mini excavator. He had already dug out hug live oak tree. Which dug quick than small tree because lack of tap root. The hard part was getting it out of hole.
What size root stumps in your opinion works well with tractor backhoes if given 2 hours to remove? (For average person, I dont count myself since I'm newbie)
I have a Mahindra 1626. I've done over 24" in less than 2 hours easy. A lot depends on type of tree, soil types and condition, how many angles you can tat it from.

I did these recently because they couldn't be ground due to cement pad next to them and rocks and cinder blocks had been absorbed by tree. They were pretty big and I was on a time crunch trying to beat the incoming rain. Took about 3 hours. I pulled it out with my 2002 Sequoia and the tractor. I was by myself.

Attachments

• IMG_20211228_172451017.jpg
    IMG_20211228_172451017.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 106
I have a Mahindra 1626. I've done over 24" in less than 2 hours easy. A lot depends on type of tree, soil types and condition, how many angles you can tat it from.

I did these recently because they couldn't be ground due to cement pad next to them and rocks and cinder blocks had been absorbed by tree. They were pretty big and I was on a time crunch trying to beat the incoming rain. Took about 3 hours. I pulled it out with my 2002 Sequoia and the tractor. I was by myself.
I'm in Florida and mostly sand with little pockets of clay.

/ Kioti ck3510 backhoe or comparable tractor #10  
I'm in Florida and mostly sand with little pockets of clay.
You should have it easier unless you hit water. I'm in East Tennessee. Those stumps were in Newport Tennessee. About 2 or 3 exits from the NC line.