Keweenaw snow photos

/ Keweenaw snow photos
#1,081  
@ArlyA Is that snowplow really that high off the ground? It looks like it has off-road levels of clearance...

All the best,

Peter
I was driving 50ish and seems he was as well. Didn't note the clearance. :rolleyes:

/ Keweenaw snow photos #1,082  
I was driving 50ish and seems he was as well. Didn't note the clearance. :rolleyes:
I wondered if the town had something special to better deal with your high snow fall rates; I am just used to seeing snowplows with a lower clearance and center of gravity.

Thanks, as always, for the photos!

All the best, Peter

/ Keweenaw snow photos #1,083  
I wondered if the town had something special to better deal with your high snow fall rates; I am just used to seeing snowplows with a lower clearance and center of gravity.

Thanks, as always, for the photos!

All the best, Peter
I think we're looking at an old rebuilt Oshkosh, customized for a snowplow. We have had several of them over the years here in Otsego County.

/ Keweenaw snow photos
#1,085  
Gee, seems everyone walks on shelf or shove ice. Use prudence.
1705928436932.jpeg

/ Keweenaw snow photos #1,087  
Gee, seems everyone walks on shelf or shove ice. Use prudence.View attachment 847969
When I was a kid, I recall an entire family died when some of them fell through the shelf ice and the rest perished trying to save them.

Thinking about it, it's happened several times over my life, just on this end of Lake Michigan.

/ Keweenaw snow photos #1,090  
You can certainly see the difference between the taller ones and the more common "blade on a dump truck" variety to the right and back in the photos. It looks 8-12" taller, but looks can be deceiving...