Keweenaw snow photos

/ Keweenaw snow photos
#1,072  
From a retired fellow we know who lives in Calumet MI
---------------------------------------------------------------
Back in from another round of blowing snow on our first subzero morning of the season. After a quiet, warm, and dry winter with only marginal XC skiing, we’ve had 42” of snow since Friday evening. Snow continues, with more in the forecast into tomorrow. Looking forward to getting back on the ski trails, but not today!
420073185_2928014054016981_304296218245166577_n.jpg
420115752_2928014050683648_9032171559541403844_n.jpg

/ Keweenaw snow photos #1,076  
Reminds me of my youth in Minnesota. Been living in Oklahoma since 1976 with no intention of moving back to those long cold winters! I did enjoy snowmobiling, about the only thing I might miss about those winters!
Glad you all enjoy them!

/ Keweenaw snow photos #1,077  
Congratulation, Arly, family and dogs.

We lived in a cold and snowy place in northern New England for a long time and I can say it sure is wonderful, especially when younger. It's occasionally tedious when you can't get in or out or to work, etc, but we had everything we needed on the farm.

Breakfast after a 30 mile sled (snowmobile) ride through the woods on a groomed trail was great. Crossing a BIG river on a narrow suspension bridge that was made only for feet or sleds was a little scary but you can see and feel things others never know exist. Every day was a one-off adventure.

The cedar bogs were full of deer, owls searched for mice or whatever and partridge knew full well hunting season was over. The sky on a cold dark night was illuminated with stars that looked like fields of diamonds. See below.

Image below is a Paul Cyr photo off the net. Check out the stars and northern lights.
Image 2.jpeg

/ Keweenaw snow photos #1,080  
@ArlyA Is that snowplow really that high off the ground? It looks like it has off-road levels of clearance...

All the best,

Peter

Last edited: