Keweenaw snow photos

/ Keweenaw snow photos #1  

ArlyA

Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
Here are recent photos of snow photos taken by us in the Keweenaw of Michigan. The Keweenaw is a very large peninsula that extends northeast into Lake Superior and receives ample lake snow. Just ask if you don't know what lake snow is. The 1st two photos is our roof snow. Let us know if you like them and we'll add more as they are taken.

Attachments

• roofsnow2020.jpg
    roofsnow2020.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 768
  • roofsnow2020a.jpg
    roofsnow2020a.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 638
  • P1100816.jpg
    P1100816.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 696
  • P1100818.jpg
    P1100818.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 601
  • P1100823.jpg
    P1100823.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 595
  • P1100893.jpg
    P1100893.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 628
  • P1100892.jpg
    P1100892.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 627
  • P1100891.jpg
    P1100891.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 673
   / Keweenaw snow photos #2  
As a fellow Michigander, but from the LP, I've always admired the residents of the UP (Yoopers). My daughter in law is from Marquette.

Bring on the pictures.

Are you a follower of johndee.com? I enjoy his blog on the Keweenaw.

/ Keweenaw snow photos #3  
Ya hey deer!!! LOVE the UP!! Skied there growing up (Blackjack, Indian Head and Powderhorn, spent a few weeks in Houghton during college and dated a girl from Covington. It's a special place for sure. Thanks for the pics.

/ Keweenaw snow photos #4  
Thanks for the pictures. I spent four years at K.I. Sawyer AFB, Gwinn, Mi., south of Marquette, it’s a special place for me as well. Two years ago my wife and I went to Houghton for a tour, (before the flood). We also have rented a cabin in the Porcupine Mountains near Ontonagon. The UP is a really special place for us.

/ Keweenaw snow photos #5  
My friend who worked at the copper mines in Ontonagon must enjoy the snow. When he retired - he stayed in Ontonagon. The UP is a beautiful place in the summer. BTW - any & all snow we have received so far is all gone and it's raining again.

/ Keweenaw snow photos
We'll be at Powder Horn and the general area this weekend for an old cat festival. We resided there previously to moving to the Kewee in 2001. Been to Covington junction many times because we care for a NFS trail just south of there. Small world?? :)

Ya hey deer!!! LOVE the UP!! Skied there growing up (Blackjack, Indian Head and Powderhorn, spent a few weeks in Houghton during college and dated a girl from Covington. It's a special place for sure. Thanks for the pics.

/ Keweenaw snow photos
Thanks for the pictures. I spent four years at K.I. Sawyer AFB, Gwinn, Mi., south of Marquette, it痴 a special place for me as well. Two years ago my wife and I went to Houghton for a tour, (before the flood). We also have rented a cabin in the Porcupine Mountains near Ontonagon. The UP is a really special place for us.

I'm amazed of all the people we've bumped in to who said they served at KI Sawyer and speak very fondly of that. We head to porkies most falls or springs to rent a remote cabin (or cabins) to ski or hike. On our dogs blog is photos from those trips. The Porkies is such a nice place to reside near to. We go there often and below is a few photos of shove ice there. That year it was 30ft high in places.

Attachments

• Porkies ice cave  A (DL).jpg
    Porkies ice cave A (DL).jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 530
  • Porkies ice breaking off.S&G.I (DL).jpg
    Porkies ice breaking off.S&G.I (DL).jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 510
   / Keweenaw snow photos
As a fellow Michigander, but from the LP, I've always admired the residents of the UP (Yoopers). My daughter in law is from Marquette.

Bring on the pictures.

Are you a follower of johndee.com? I enjoy his blog on the Keweenaw.

I don't follow John D but do know him. He is the president of a local snowmobile club and I work for them, grooming sled trails. Here is the thread what I post photos while at work.

PBnightsnow1.jpg

/ Keweenaw snow photos #9  
Great pics.

/ Keweenaw snow photos #10  
No chance of catching cabin fever with all that snow to deal with.