Keweenaw snow photos

/ Keweenaw snow photos #421  
I remember working in Gaylord one winter in the mid 80s, and it snowed almost every day, sometimes just a little, sometimes a lot. Ended up getting 320" that year.
I concur having lived in Gaylord 61 of my 66 years. Mid to late '80's was a snowy time. Built and moved in to our current home in early '87 and I recall many 12 to 20" lake effect snow dumps especially in December. Snow removal consisted of our 1965 Wheel Horse 1055 w/ single stage blower and hanging a Coleman lantern in a tree at the end of the drive! Still have the WH but retired from snow work 5 years ago after getting the eMax 25 Cab. Love the heater and the beer holder!😇

/ Keweenaw snow photos
As seen on our trails at dusk tonight. We got wind and a few inches of new snow today, but no big deal.
Can anyone tell me why I carry a tad of snow in the blade?
P1030545.jpg
P1030553.jpg
P1030554.jpg

/ Keweenaw snow photos #428  
When I plow my driveway the first pass is always with the blade straight like that. Once I get going it builds a wedge out front and acts exactly like a V-plow. If the snow is heavy and I would angle the plow, my machine is so light that it would tend to push me away from the side I was plowing towards.

/ Keweenaw snow photos #429  
Looks like we're getting about a foot or so up north today, and then the LE kicks in and it's anybody's guess. All I know is my new 2022 sled arrived at the ski doo dealer in Tomahawk last night, and it should be set up and ready to go by next weekend!