Keweenaw snow photos

/ Keweenaw snow photos
From google not my guess is this the answer ?
The Keweenaw Peninsula and Isle Royale, formed by the Midcontinent Rift System, are the only sites in the United States with evidence of prehistoric aboriginal mining of copper. Artifacts made from this copper by these ancient indigenous people were traded as far south as present-day Alabama.[3] These areas are also the unique location where chlorastrolite, the state gem of Michigan, can be found.
The valley we reside on was a washout that happened during the receding of the last glacier. The glacier came down from the NE and melted away in that direction as well. So as it melted, this created very large lake on the western side of the lake basin and when that grew enough to reach the Keweenaw mountain range, this became a dam it breached to flow south and washed out the great valley seen in this photo. Our house is 100's of feet above the water line today and near the top of this historical flood water.
portage-canal.jpg

/ Keweenaw snow photos #414  
My neighbors maintain ski trails, a couple of which run on some old logging roads though my land near Ewen. They keep the blowdowns cleared off and run a groomer all winter.

/ Keweenaw snow photos #416  
Can we see pics?
Other than some grainy trail camera pics, I don't have any. I've been recovering from surgery for over a month now and haven't left the sofa much. I'm hoping to be off the crutches in a couple of weeks and head north for some snowmobiling. I don't have skis, just snowshoes.

/ Keweenaw snow photos #418  
Your 6 to 9 is more than our 2 to 3 inches. :( Jon

/ Keweenaw snow photos #419  
I remember working in Gaylord one winter in the mid 80s, and it snowed almost every day, sometimes just a little, sometimes a lot. Ended up getting 320" that year.

/ Keweenaw snow photos #420  
I remember working in Gaylord one winter in the mid 80s, and it snowed almost every day, sometimes just a little, sometimes a lot. Ended up getting 320" that year.
In the 26 years we've lived here in this house in South Bend, I can only recall one really snowy winter. I ran out of places to put the snow, and we burned the wood stove continuously from October 1st - March 31st. I only used 4 matches in 6 months.

I mowed our lawn on December 12 a few weeks ago. We had about 3" of snow yesterday, but there's only 1/2" left on the drive. Small ponds got a skim of ice yesterday. Maybe we'll be ice fishing in a couple weeks.