Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #31  
I can't stand strong smelling laundry perfumes so that wouldn't work for me. I have used these Fresh Cab rodent pouches on past tractors. The Boomer tractor would get mice behind the dash so I zip tied 2 pouches behind there and would swap them out every 2 years. I like the smell of those too.

EarthKind Fresh Cab Animal Repellent Granules For Rodents 2.5 oz - Ace Hardware
This is what I use as well, does a good job. I change the one behind my dash every couple months and then I scatter the older ones around the my sheds. I have not had any rodent problems since I started using these. Seem to keep everything away, even larger critters.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #32  
I can't stand strong smelling laundry perfumes so that wouldn't work for me. I have used these Fresh Cab rodent pouches on past tractors. The Boomer tractor would get mice behind the dash so I zip tied 2 pouches behind there and would swap them out every 2 years. I like the smell of those too.

EarthKind Fresh Cab Animal Repellent Granules For Rodents 2.5 oz - Ace Hardware
Hmmm, not a fan of the smell of laundry perfumes either. I tried cheap stinky fabric softener and squirted it around, seems to work like the dryer sheets being as that's basically what dryer sheets are. I'm going to check out that repellent you posted.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #33  
Kroger or Bounce scented dryer sheets. The stinker the better.
If you really want to zap them, spray some viscous based mint oil on the dryer sheets...they hate mint and the oil in the mint will make the dryer sheet last longer...

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too.
I'll try that.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #35  
Cannot do that here. My wife has cats, inside and outside and she feeds them well so none of them are mousers and I'd be living in thr shop if anything happened to any of them. I don't like cats as a rule anyway but they came with the marriage. issue with cats (for me) is all the paw prints on my tractor (and vehicle hoods) and the cat poop in bad places. Nothing worse than can poop on the bottom of your shoes.
First, I never get enough shop time so letting her know that one of the cats didn't make it would be more time on things I need to do.

I get the cats came w the marriage, I am sure many others do here too. however, paw prints everywhere, xxxx on your boots and the smell are pretty big pills to swallow, at least IMHO. More so w the cat xxxx on your boots and you track it wherever you go. To me [thinking out loud], if that continued, would ask for punctual assistance in cleaning up machinery and cat feces in work areas and similar. I pick-up after the dogs even in remote areas, so the goose and gander thing. Hope it gets worked out for you.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too.
After 34 years of matrimonial bliss, I couldn't imagine sleeping in the shop or a divorce over the cats I really dislike anyway. My wife is crystal clear about that and I comply, grudgingly.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #37  
We have cats as well and I have to put a towel over my seat because they like to sleep there and leave muddy footprints. I don't really care if they leave prints on the hood. The tractor shed makes a good place for them to get out of the wind and cold.

But I've never walked in cat crap, there is something wrong with your cat if they crap or pee where they sleep.

I don't know where they are going when they're outside, but wherever it is I've never had an issue.

If they're not sleeping there then I'd say the animal really doesn't like you and you should try to find a way to keep them out.

I'd say that the cats are the reason for my low rodent population, but I also put the repellent in a shed that they can't get into. Before that this shed always had rodents but the problem stopped when I started using the repellent.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #38  
Cats would be a great barn mouse solution, if they survive. Between the great horned owls and coyotes, I can’t keep barn cats longer than 6 months.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #39  
Cats would be a great barn mouse solution, if they survive. Between the great horned owls and coyotes, I can’t keep barn cats longer than 6 months.
Same here plus that big bobcat I seen on camera next to the house...and the wife's 5 dogs! I try to stack the deck in the cats favor. Sooner or later I forget to bait the traps or change the dryer sheets or place the mint drops or ? But the cat never forgets to hunt. If I had my way I'd a few or more. They kill mice and they don't bark or **** in the front yard.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #40