Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #21  
Every barn should have a cat (y)
We got a couple of Feral rescues. Somebody here challenged me saying the cats could not be feral. They are.
The humane society traps feral cats and their babies. They somehow neuter/spay and chip them. They tip one ear for ID.
You agree to have a sizeable enclosure - they bring 2 at a time. You feed and water them for 6-8 weeks in the cage then open the door. I did this twice. I got 1 cat to stay each time. Had to use a wildlife cam to see them the first year. It's been 4 yrs now, one cat is friendly she has a cat house on a top overhead shelf lets me put the food dish in front of her. I tried to touch her once and she exploded :LOL: The other one lives under a shipping container in another building. She is just now letting me see her at a 20' with out running. Same lopped off ear. 2 out 4 stayed. 2 disappeared. 2 Free / spayed/ vaccinated/ chipped mouse killers.
I see them killing all sorts of stuff around the house on my outdoor cameras at night. They eat what they kill. I give each one a handful of dry food daily. Water, shelter, and a blanket.
50% success rate is about average. I would do it again.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #22  
I give my Kubota good heavy dose WD40,yet to have any critters try to build or munchies.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #23  
I give my Kubota good heavy dose WD40,yet to have any critters try to build or munchies.
Little known fact = WD-40 was invented in San Diego in 1953 as a rust-prevention solvent for Atlas missile outer skins. A chemist at the Rocket Chemical Company created a compound that would prevent rust and corrosion on the Atlas.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #24  
Little known fact = WD-40 was invented in San Diego in 1953 as a rust-prevention solvent for Atlas missile outer skins. A chemist at the Rocket Chemical Company created a compound that would prevent rust and corrosion on the Atlas.
The WD-40 Stand for "Water Displacement test mixture number 40"

I use the green Tom Cat mouse poison cubes in all outbuilding and basement. I also stick a wire through a couple and secure under the hood of tractors.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #25  
5a2c9bbc24b50c05b4356bf39a9a8804176d44295d8ea4fab4182f50d4bc3e4b_3705285024387.0.gif

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too.
Cats and poison bait don't mix well. The mice eat the bait and the cats eat the mice and then they die as well. In my case that wouldn't be so bad so long as I didn't get caught.

Dogs like to eat cat poop, think because it's salty though I'm not about to sample any and believe me, neither of our pups give us 'kisses' either...lol

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #28  
My spouse sometimes complaints because I have removed to many trees and the likes around our buildings. At the end of the day she still prefers that than mice inside. Keep the environment around as clean as you can. If they don’t live around, they can’t get in !!!

A space where they can go like a shed (instead of your house or garage) where you hit them hard with poison or traps is also a good thing. You keep the population low…

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #29  
Cats and poison bait don't mix well. The mice eat the bait and the cats eat the mice and then they die as well. In my case that wouldn't be so bad so long as I didn't get caught.

Dogs like to eat cat poop, think because it's salty though I'm not about to sample any and believe me, neither of our pups give us 'kisses' either...lol
It depends on the bait formation. A lot of mouse bait is warfarin, of which only a small amount will kill a mouse, but is harmless to larger animals. Warfarin is prescribed as a blood thinner in human medicine.

/ Keeping mice out of your tractors engine bay over the winter and summer too. #30  
The WD-40 Stand for "Water Displacement test mixture number 40"

I use the green Tom Cat mouse poison cubes in all outbuilding and basement. I also stick a wire through a couple and secure under the hood of tractors.
I use the Tom Cat bait with warfarin in my bait stations, but I wouldn’t put it into the hood of a tractor or vehicle. These blocks do attract mice, so you are luring mice to those locations.