Keep politics out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Keep politics out of it. #61  
1679451485631.png

/ Keep politics out of it. #62  
1679451612079.png

Just incase people don`t know what sarcasm is... well, this is sarcasm.

Last edited:
   / Keep politics out of it. #65  
Orange tractor talk operates exactly the same as this forum. There are plenty of political online forums to discuss that stuff. I visit them and those places aren’t a friendly community. Start a political forum here and the community won’t be friends anymore; it would implode. We currently have common interests that allow us to share experiences and knowledge. Politics would cut the forum in half.

I'll suggest Reddit is a place where some forums are a "free for all" and others where you will be banned if "you don't follow the politician" bent of that forum.

I take pride in being banned from one of them for posting "I'm not a fan of overt sexuality in public" and being labeled as transphobic and a bigot.

I still don't care what consenting competent adults of free will do in their private lives. I don't want to see it in open public spaces whether you are hetero, ****, or something else. I'm not opposed to "furries" or "cosplay" in public but, when goes overtly sexual, it really should be behind closed doors, either private or public. The same goes for someone in Dockers and a Polo shirt or anything remotely similar. I promise I do my best not to laugh or stare at a burly man with a beard wearing a dress or something similar like wearing a mini-skirt and halter top!

Reddit has hundreds of other forums so, no real loss to myself. Still do the Flashlight and Shaving forums there some and, follow the Texas Flashlight Club meetings there.

/ Keep politics out of it. #66  
My friend does Reddit and I've heard enough about it to know that it's not for me.

/ Keep politics out of it. #67  
It's kind of unfortunate how politics has created so much anger and division in our country.

When it comes down to it both parties are pretty crooked and corrupt.

And there are good folks in all partys

/ Keep politics out of it. #68  
My friend does Reddit and I've heard enough about it to know that it's not for me.

With 10's of thousands of forums there, there is a place for almost anyone there. Whether you want wade through some of the time wasters to find a good one is up to the individual.

Without the Flashlight forum on Reddit, I would not be a happy member of the Texas Flashlight Club. Thy B&T firearms forum there is pretty good as well without a non-Reddit equivalent with any quality posts I am aware of.

/ Keep politics out of it. #69  
It's kind of unfortunate how politics has created so much anger and division in our country.

When it comes down to it both parties are pretty crooked and corrupt.

And there are good folks in all partys

The divisiveness was used to motivate people initially. Now that it has taken hold, it is mainly a polarizing thing to drive people to extremes without any moderation for the middle.

And like you, I see good people on both sides of most issues. There are many though that are blind conspirators towards the bad things.

Both major political parties have lost governance to the middle.

/ Keep politics out of it. #70  
To me, the issue is simple-I don't come to a forum called tractorbynet to discuss politics.

There are all kinds of rabbit holes folks can waste their time in, screaming at each other in their pajamas. This forum, I think, is best when it sticks to topics relating to tractors, attachments, maint. etc.

But that's just me 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.