Keep politics out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Keep politics out of it. #41  
DodgeMan, I generally agree Sir.

Something that seriously bothers me is that we are the verge of sending our young men to die on foreign soil but we can't talk about it on TBN.

Sometimes the hard issues need discussed. Among them, everything you listed in your post.

/ Keep politics out of it. #42  
DodgeMan, I generally agree Sir.

Something that seriously bothers me is that we are the verge of sending our young men to die on foreign soil but we can't talk about it on TBN.

Sometimes the hard issues need discussed. Among them, everything you listed in your post.
Those are very important and relevant issues. But I’ve read those discussions on several newsfeed forums. There’s such division in our society now, that those always turn into nasty arguments and off base rants. If we go down that road, this community would implode as a forum for discussion of tractors and rural lifestyles. Ten years ago, we could have discussed politics; not today if we want to remain a community of purpose.

/ Keep politics out of it. #43  
We need gates to parts of the forum where fragility is not present.

It's the only way. No other forums to try and contain something "over there".

Make a political section where anything can be discussed, even blind spots other have. Put it behind a pay wall and lets get on with life.

Otherwise it's going to be one cluster of trying to police every single thread for political correctness.

/ Keep politics out of it. #44  
The issue is not political correctness...it's posting something partisan...!

/ Keep politics out of it. #45  

Make a political section where anything can be discussed, even blind spots other have. Put it behind a pay wall and lets get on with life.

Otherwise it's going to be one cluster of trying to police every single thread for political correctness.
Already is.

/ Keep politics out of it. #46  
Those are very important and relevant issues. But I’ve read those discussions on several newsfeed forums. There’s such division in our society now, that those always turn into nasty arguments and off base rants. If we go down that road, this community would implode as a forum for discussion of tractors and rural lifestyles. Ten years ago, we could have discussed politics; not today if we want to remain a community of purpose.
So let's make a rule. Every post must have the word tractor used in a sentence. Yeah, that's the ticket. Very mature and nice.

/ Keep politics out of it. #47  
The issue is not political correctness...it's posting something partisan...!

Notice I said policing for political correctness...The political part is assumed.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

/ Keep politics out of it. #48  

Orange tractor talk operates exactly the same as this forum. There are plenty of political online forums to discuss that stuff. I visit them and those places aren’t a friendly community. Start a political forum here and the community won’t be friends anymore; it would implode. We currently have common interests that allow us to share experiences and knowledge. Politics would cut the forum in half.

/ Keep politics out of it. #50  
Orange tractor talk operates exactly the same as this forum. There are plenty of political online forums to discuss that stuff. I visit them and those places aren’t a friendly community. Start a political forum here and the community won’t be friends anymore; it would implode. We currently have common interests that allow us to share experiences and knowledge. Politics would cut the forum in half.
You do realize you are posting on a thread that has nothing to do with tractors or color don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.