Just bought an l4060

/ Just bought an l4060 #11  
If the question is does the OEM 3rd function kit delete the throttle up button, the answer is no. I used the throttle up control frequently when pushing into dirt and brush piles. I have mine set to 2000rpm in the control panel.
You're going to love your new L4060! After 7 years and 800 hours mine is still a joy to operate.

Good info! Does the OEM 3rd function just add another button to the top of the loader joystick? I'd be very interested in seeing what it looks like if you can take a picture. I searched all of the Kubota info I could find and still couldn't find a pic or description of how they incorporate both features into the joystick.

This is one of the main design changes, related to operator controls, in the 40 series vs the 60 series.

Thanks!

/ Just bought an l4060 #12  
The throttle up button is on the front of the stick, and round.
The 3rd function is a left / right toggle on the rear of the stick.
This is the OEM setup that was dealer installed prior to delivery.

The last picture is an aftermarket 3rd function hose protection. The hydraulic hoses are terribly exposed with the factory 3rd function option. The bolt on kit was made by Specialty Repairs, Paul Short. He's on the web in Newfoundland (?) and has an account here on TBN.
IMG_5242.jpg

IMG_5244.jpg

IMG_5243.jpg

/ Just bought an l4060 #13  
The last picture is an aftermarket 3rd function hose protection. The hydraulic hoses are terribly exposed with the factory 3rd function option. The bolt on kit was made by Specialty Repairs, Paul Short. He's on the web in Newfoundland (?) and has an account here on TBN.

I've got to chime in here and recommend Specialty Repairs Custom Mods; they worked with me to fit some of their products for my Kioti and I've been nothing but impressed. Paul and Kathy were wonderful to work with, and I like to give them props any time I get the opportunity.

20230412_170445.jpg20230328_160807.jpg

Kubota, like Deere, has a massive aftermarket with a whole lot of fun or useful items to be had.

/ Just bought an l4060
Loving it so far. Got it home around 530 tonight. Putting the bush hog on it tomorrow when i get home from work. Looks like ill prob just have the dealer install an OEM kit.

Attachments

• 1DA217AF-C7D6-4EA6-8A4D-CF9CF0DCD1EA.jpeg
    1DA217AF-C7D6-4EA6-8A4D-CF9CF0DCD1EA.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 69
   / Just bought an l4060 #15  
OEM 3rd function enable button on my L4060hstc is hose clamped to the joystick below the handle. Rather hacky for an OEM install, but I've seen several others setup the same way.

The open/close buttons to run the 3rd function are seperate from the idle up button & im 90% sure were built into the stock handle. I got the 3rd function preinstalled so csnt confirm. I'm trying to remember if they are finger or thumb offhand & forgetting. But they are different than the high idle button. I have both buttons on mine. I don't use my high idle button much other than running my SSQA post hole digger. I use the 3rd function buttons for the PHD & power angle on the SSQA plow.

/ Just bought an l4060 #16  
I've got to chime in here and recommend Specialty Repairs Custom Mods; they worked with me to fit some of their products for my Kioti and I've been nothing but impressed. Paul and Kathy were wonderful to work with, and I like to give them props any time I get the opportunity.

View attachment 821260View attachment 821261

Kubota, like Deere, has a massive aftermarket with a whole lot of fun or useful items to be had.
Ill 2nd that. Have the skid plate to protect my low hanging 3rd function plumbing & the panel to cover the loader QD fittings.

/ Just bought an l4060 #17  
The throttle up button is on the front of the stick, and round.
The 3rd function is a left / right toggle on the rear of the stick.
This is the OEM setup that was dealer installed prior to delivery.

Very neat setup with the toggle button on the joystick. Thanks for the pics and the explanation! Really nice tractor!

/ Just bought an l4060 #18  
I have the throttle up button and third function on the same joystick on my L 6060.

/ Just bought an l4060
What top speed do you all get out of your l4060? Spec sheet says itll do 16.8 best i can get is 15 on the road. Stall guard was on though. Would that cut it back at all?

/ Just bought an l4060 #20  
15mph downhill with a tailwind.