Just another junk chainsaw

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,621  
   / Just another junk chainsaw #1,622  
Personally, I've found the easiest thing is to carry a couple extra chains. Lots of times when the saw looses the chain anyway (falls off on the cheaper saws) it messes up the sprocket teeth enough that it doesn't fit together right until grounding off the defects. Extra sharp chains work well when out on the trail and you NEED it working now.

/ Just another junk chainsaw
#1,623  
I still say for guys learning. Just get the cheaper one with just the guide that fits across the raker and cutter.
Then only use a raker gauge to do those as needed. Rakers dont need done every time you file if they are where needed.

I do suggest the 2 in 1 to some folks that just cant get it though. But buy the pferd ones as they make them for stihl. So cheaper in blue pferd ones.

pfredx.jpeg

#1,624  
Talking to local about his Farmertec G372xp pro yesterday. He has 4 tank through it so far with zero issues.

Told him he gets to 10 or so bring her in for a retune to let her really eat. I set her little rich from new.

Then can see if all else is well too.

He is happy with his saw is all that matters. First clone for him.

Also tuned a PR5020 for him for his back up smaller saw 50cc.

He has owned saws to the pioneer homelite days when he bought new. Like hearing his tells of saws he used over the years.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,625  
I do suggest the 2 in 1 to some folks that just cant get it though. But buy the pferd ones as they make them for stihl. So cheaper in blue pferd ones.
I have the Stihl branded version. It's good.

But what is your opinion on the Timberline sharpener?

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,626  
My friend had a simple stihl 2 in 1 file and I was very impressed with it. Just a few quick runs of the file and we went for a few tanks with no issues. Think it cost him 60 bucks as opposed to 124 here.
Yes sir. I have one and like it. I was interested in the experiences people had with the Timberline jig though.

#1,627  
   / Just another junk chainsaw #1,628  
#1,629  
46cc

Like the 2 piece muffler on the 99 2750 better then the newer 1 piece ones. So going on this 2005 295.

Funny how the newer did away with support bolt. Well she is thread and back in this one now.

p295mo.jpg
p295mn.jpg
p295moo.jpg
p295mnn.jpg
p295mooo.jpg
p295moooo.jpg
p295mooooo.jpg

#1,630  
Drill hole run regular 3x5 echo fuel line. Runs after carb rebuild.

When my long curved forceps cant reach the angle cut line at top. I do this.

p295mccc.jpg
p295mcccc.jpg
p295mccccc.jpg
p295mc.jpg
p295mcc.jpg