Just another junk chainsaw

/ Just another junk chainsaw
#1,501  
Not all light bars created equal.

18" all small mount laminated bars. Not better solid bars even.

Just so you know to not be fooled by ads. Few guys in my chainsaw group got fooled by forester 30% lighter ads on them.

barwf.jpg
barws.jpg
barwo.jpg
barwww.jpg

Last edited:
   / Just another junk chainsaw #1,503  
I was curious yesterday. Local walmart was out. But advanced auto parts had the regular bottles like I was used to seeing.

Least we know options out there now.

I noticed bottles have changed and thinking had red cap.

My old pic.

View attachment 795965
Simple Green also has a new one on the market as well and I bought a gollon of concentrate for in my ultrasonic cleaner and it does a good job and smells wonderful too.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,504  
Wonder who makes Forrester bars??? I do know their chain grinder are basically junk as I bought one and then returned it, unused to the store.

#1,505  
With me (exclusively) and no one else, I prefer bars with replaceable noses.

So what bar you got on your little echo? 99% of small saws dont have replaceable tips.

You have to dig for ones for small saws with replaceable tips.

s200tt.jpg
s200bar.jpeg
h3382.jpg
s637T40cc.jpg
e340t.jpg

s150afffff.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,507  
I see there is a lot of talk on the Arborists site about oil mix ratio's. As a rule (for myself), I always run the initial tank of fuel in a new saw at 40:1 before going to 50:1 (Red Armor or Tru-Fuel). In fact Stihl recommends the 40:1 mix for their brush cutter engines initially, read that in the owners manual for my FS66 (which I still have, manual). My new Timber Wolf is filled with 40:1 presently.

#1,508  
Run good FD rated oil IMHO

EPA is the one that suggest 50:1 to the OPE sellers. Sellers of OPE by law of epa have to tell you to run 50:1. Check into it sometime. ;)

Me I run 40:1 in stock stuff and all OPE. If ported years back I ran 32:1. But now days I just run 40:1 in everything. Dont have any super duper ported things I would worry about.

I like full synthetic oils. But any FD is good.

sheeplol.jpg
vp2.jpg
vp22.jpg
efree90.jpg
efreeyellow.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,509  
All well and good. Problem is here, it's hard to find non corn alcohol fuel so I stick with the 'synthetic' stuff.

Additionally, I bought the Chinese copy of the Oregon (Tecomec) chain grinder and other than the weak head return spring, it's a winner for 102 bucks. One set up to grind chains and one set up to grind rakers, both with CBN wheels of course. Actually, the Chinese copy has a more robust clamping assembly that grips PICO low pro chain much better and of course it comes with the 10 degree tilting vise assembly as well. One of the commercial tree cutters I grind chains and chipper knives for runs the PICO loops on his Stihl top handle in the tree saw.

Just ran around 50 loops for him last week. 30 or so in PICO and the balance in 325 chipper.

Lots of discussion on the arborists site about 40-1 or 50-1 that I'm refraining from commenting on. Just reading along and chuckling.

I can see it's getting time for a roll or two of bulk chain. One of my customers has not only a spinner but a breaker as well that he's gonna give to me. That will save me some bucks.

#1,510  
I just sold a extra breaker spinner Tecomec set I had for 50 on my chainsaw repair group.

Didnt have a need for 2 sets.

I sold my Silvey square grinder in my group also. No call for that here local.

Still use the heck out of the Stihl USG round grinder.

tem.jpg
silveyx.jpg