Just another junk chainsaw

/ Just another junk chainsaw
#1,481  
Those pics are pretty impressive. Thanks for the recommendations.

Since it dont discolor aluminum etc. I can take a saw down like this and spray it on and let set too. Then spray off with water.
Then wipe dry.

60cc mag cased.

This saw was a guinea pig when I first tried it out to see years back.

p3450t3.jpg
p3450t333.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,482  
I do have a question for you. Where do you buy your side plates and link plates at if you do make up loops from bulk chain and what brand of rivet spinner do you use?

#1,485  
I do have a question for you. Where do you buy your side plates and link plates at if you do make up loops from bulk chain and what brand of rivet spinner do you use?
They come with the 25' 100' rolls you buy. But over the years I have had to buy others and just buy online for chains that come in. Just know what your buying.

I just sold a 2nd set I took on trade tecomec spinner and breaker for 50 plus ship on my chainsaw repair FB group.

Oregon and Tecomec makes a good sets.

One I am using for years now just some copy of the oregon or tecomec one way back.

tec.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,486  
Thanks for the answer. Have bulk chain on order and was curious as I've always run pre made loops. Tecomec makes all the Oregon grinders far as I can ascertain at least. I do like the Diamond Abrasive wheels. They impart a much finer finish cut and don't heat the tooth either.

Final question (like picking your brain) is how often do you change drive sprockets or do you?

#1,487  
Changing those all the time for folks. Rims most have wear indicators. Also worst case you can see drive link touching on the clutch drum.

Pulling through on bench you can tell by feel too. Then investigate whats worn if not pulling smoothly.

Me I always swap in new if I get a saw in trade that has worn spur or rim.

325rims.jpg

#1,488  
That old Oregon 76 chain that came with that 3.7 went to a racer. ;)

Some of us know what their use is really for.

Both loops were 66DL 050 3/8.

o76lg.jpg
o76x.JPG

#1,489  
Showing someone why a 365 pto side case cant be replaced with a 335 or even as a whole case swap.

pcrankcase335365.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,490  
2528B181-2C47-4261-AE0F-B00E76B6B36B.jpeg

Finally got the WD 40 degreaser. Amazon claimed to have the liquid but kept postponing delivery so many times that I cancelled the order.
Wound up ordering the aresol cans 6 pack Which was actually priced the same as individually ordering 4 cans.
Any way tested it out on a stubborn spot on the yard vac and after letting it soak a little the stain came right out. I’ll try to remember to post some pictures after I use a chainsaw and clean it up. But so far it seems good. Thanks for the recommendation.
Not sure why pic is side ways.