Just another junk chainsaw

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,461  
I never let any of my saws get that filthy under the shrouds. They are after all air cooled and if crudded up, the air cannot strip off the heat of combustion. Usually they get cleaned after every use here.

BTW, I really like my Oregon chain grinder. It's **** with the Diamond CBN wheel I bought for it.

/ Just another junk chainsaw
#1,462  
Pretty much how far they go apart for cleaning once I put one on the bench for any reason. Still too long between cleaning sometimes. Guilty as charged.
I'm not a cleaner type by any means. It's just a tool to me and keep ready for use. So dont take that wrong.

Just the cooling areas and coil area.

But as clean as this saw looked outside I wasnt expecting that.

They had done a great job with air filter area and case mount area.

c37ttt.jpg
c37t.jpg
c37ttttttttt.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,463  
I'm not a cleaner type by any means. It's just a tool to me and keep ready for use. So dont take that wrong.

Just the cooling areas and coil area.

But as clean as this saw looked outside I wasnt expecting that.

They had done a great job with air filter area and case mount area.
What is the best way to keep a saw clean? I understand cleaning after each use but how far to go and what is preferable other than just rags, a parts brush and compressed air? Any solvent or degreaser?

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,464  
What is the best way to keep a saw clean? I understand cleaning after each use but how far to go and what is preferable other than just rags, a parts brush and compressed air? Any solvent or degreaser?
I use compressed air but I make sure that I'm wearing protective eye wear.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,466  
Just compressed air here and of course a suitable tool to fit the bar groove to remove the built up swarf.

#1,468  
I dont clean after every use myself.

Best right or wrong no clue.

Me I use picks, flat blades, air compressor, paint brushes, plastic bristle brushes, and tooth brushes. Just depends on the area and need.

WD40 works good on finish wiping.

Also this WD40 degreaser I use. I was looking for something that didnt etch or discolor plastics or discolor or etch aluminum. I wont use alot of other ones because they discolor the parts.

This is just the wd40 degreaser used. Spray on let set like it says. Spray off. Then start to dry and then wipe down to dry off.

p3516before.jpg
p3516beforee.jpg
p3516p.jpg
p3516cccc.jpg
p3516cc.jpg
p3516c.jpg
wd40bb.jpg
wd40f.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,469  
I have a full gallon of that WD40 crap sitting on the shelf, I'll never use and if you want it, I can send it to you, you pay the postage. WD40 is worthless IMO. Take my saws outside the shop and give them a good blow job (and wear safety glasses) as wood swarf is hard on the eyeballs.

#1,470  
I have a full gallon of that WD40 crap sitting on the shelf, I'll never use and if you want it, I can send it to you, you pay the postage. WD40 is worthless IMO. Take my saws outside the shop and give them a good blow job (and wear safety glasses) as wood swarf is hard on the eyeballs.
I have a new gallon waiting but I sure would take. Good stuff.

But IMO give to someone else that needs it. I have plenty. But thanks for the offer.

All the blowing in the world wont get the black stains off :ROFLMAO: . You better go back and look at those before and after pics. ;)

wd40cleanerr.jpg