John Deere Z425

/ John Deere Z425 #1  

melvinhatcher

Bronze Member
Tractor
1948 John Deere M and 2016 Kubota L3301
6E449D13-3172-4658-8340-0071E3450206.jpeg

/ John Deere Z425
Can I install this sprayer on my z425 zero turn?

/ John Deere Z425 #3  
That pump draws 6.4 amps. What are the specs for the engine alternator ? Zero turns generally have charging systems that barely charge the battery and power a couple of lights.

/ John Deere Z425 #4  
What is the capacity of the tank? I installed a 15 gallon on the front of my 717A. For me, I don't know if I would want much larger than that. RJ is right about the pump. That's quite a bit of amp draw. I guess it depends on how much you use it. Do you not have a SxS? That's what i spray with now.

/ John Deere Z425 #5  
Powering a sprayer isn't typically a problem. Heat of the exhaust or weight can be, more so if the terrain is a factor. Consider a front mount.

/ John Deere Z425
What is the capacity of the tank? I installed a 15 gallon on the front of my 717A. For me, I don't know if I would want much larger than that. RJ is right about the pump. That's quite a bit of amp draw. I guess it depends on how much you use it. Do you not have a SxS? That's what i spray with now.
It’s a 25 gallon sprayer.

/ John Deere Z425 #7  
The charging system is more than enough to power the pump, even if it is constant run- which is not typically the case. Once started, the other load on the system is just the anti-backfire solenoid.
Edit: Looked it up, it is a 16 AMP.

Last edited:
   / John Deere Z425
Thanks to everyone for your helpful feedback, I have considered all comments.

I originally purchased this sprayer for my John Deere 318 which I stop using a few years ago. After reviewing all comments, I have decided to revisit my old 318 and her up and running again this summer.
Again thanks to all.