John Deere OE Light Kit #BM25082

/ John Deere OE Light Kit #BM25082 #1  

Z71

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere X738
Has anyone installed one of these on their X series with OE metal cab?
Local dealer says its what I need but he wants and arm and a leg to install ($95/hr labor).

/ John Deere OE Light Kit #BM25082 #2  
Post a pic or two of what you have, will likely get help from someone (or two). Much of the work the dealer would have to do and charge for, you can do yourself.
(unless like my one SIL who doesn't touch or know how to use a screwdriver - bless his heart)

/ John Deere OE Light Kit #BM25082
Post a pic or two of what you have, will likely get help from someone (or two). Much of the work the dealer would have to do and charge for, you can do yourself.
(unless like my one SIL who doesn't touch or know how to use a screwdriver - bless his heart)

I will, when I get the parts.
Dealer said he had to order the kit, that was last week and said it would be here this week. I just called and he said, "not here yet". Last time I had them change the hyd fluid they said, it would only take one day but they never said what day, they keep for 9 days, till I complained and then charged me about $300 and I supplied the fluid and filter. Bad customer service reputation and they don't even take a credit card. Small town rural dealer, next one is 100 miles.

/ John Deere OE Light Kit #BM25082 #4  
you can use an aftermarket LED light kit and get much more light for much less amperage, also, they will last much longer!.. some members here have done that and have been very happy about the results.

/ John Deere OE Light Kit #BM25082 #5  
Z71
Is this the kit? includes some other parts other than lights?
Is yours the Curtis Cab? Don't recognize the "OE metal cab". A link would help. tks

Attachments

• 738X_lightkit.jpg
    738X_lightkit.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 77
   / John Deere OE Light Kit #BM25082 #6  
you can use an aftermarket LED light kit and get much more light for much less amperage, also, they will last much longer!.. some members here have done that and have been very happy about the results.

Actually, I think this kit uses LED lights. I mean, it better for $236. That price is insane. These are just off the shelf lights. You can probably get LED work lights that are smaller and put out MORE light for 1/4th the price. Seriously. The JD LED light kits are grossly over priced.

Attachments

• BM25082.jpg
    BM25082.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 70
  • BM25082a.jpg
    BM25082a.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 62
   / John Deere OE Light Kit #BM25082
Z71
Is this the kit? includes some other parts other than lights?
Is yours the Curtis Cab? Don't recognize the "OE metal cab". A link would help. tks

Yes, that's the kit. I guess its a Curtis Cab, genuine JD Original Equipment green metal cab. I searched around for a sketch of the kit and install instruction but could find one.

I was quoted $230 + tax.

I just want it to be an easy install and would rather pay the price over having to run back and forth the hardware store buying nuts, bolts, wire connectors and misc etc. There are mounting holes already in the cab for mounting these lights.

JD image from accessory catalog..........
jdcab.png

Last edited:
   / John Deere OE Light Kit #BM25082 #8  
Every man has his price.

I personally would spend a few hours putting the lights on myself from parts locally purchased and save $100.

Hey, that's just me.

/ John Deere OE Light Kit #BM25082 #9  
The kit BM25082 appears to include a speaker, antenna, as well as lights. So more than just lights.

Key #1 is the speaker ($91), #2 is the light kit ($82), #3 is housing for switch and fuse, and #7 is antenna ($41).

Might not be much more than just "plug and Play" so the hourly shop charge may not be so bad.

OEM for original equipment I would have understood.. ;) , :)

/ John Deere OE Light Kit #BM25082 #10  
The kit BM25082 appears to include a speaker, antenna, as well as lights. So more than just lights.

Key #1 is the speaker ($91), #2 is the light kit ($82), #3 is housing for switch and fuse, and #7 is antenna ($41).

Might not be much more than just "plug and Play" so the hourly shop charge may not be so bad.

OEM for original equipment I would have understood.. ;) , :)

I don't believe that is correct. Take note of the remark on "Part #10". It says "not illustrated". That means this part number is not shown on this drawing. JD does that frequently. If everything in the illustration was a "kit" it would have a box around the group of items and an item number assigned.

The parts in the illustration match up to the numbers shown in the parts list. Also, the work light show as item #2 (and the part number) is for a halogen work light.

JD would never sell a LED work light for $82. :) The BM25082 contains two LED work lights.

Attachments

• light.jpg
    light.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 60