John Deere 6400 Water Pump replacement!

/ John Deere 6400 Water Pump replacement! #1  

mastercraftka

Silver Member
Tractor
1993 JD 6400 4wd
Anyone replaced the water pump? Do I have to pull the whole front end off first? Not much on Youtube.

Any pointers?

It is dripping after you shut it down. Don't see it leaking while its running.

/ John Deere 6400 Water Pump replacement! #2  
Consider rebuilding it verses replacing it. They wanted $650 for a rebuilt one at the JD dealership - not that Id go there unless I had to - but the rebuild kit was only $53.

/ John Deere 6400 Water Pump replacement!
Consider rebuilding it verses replacing it. They wanted $650 for a rebuilt one at the JD dealership - not that Id go there unless I had to - but the rebuild kit was only $53.
Did you remove it yourself?

/ John Deere 6400 Water Pump replacement! #4  
Did you remove it yourself?
Yes
It will most likey be fairly integrated into the front of the engine, even so its better than having Jd come out and service it

/ John Deere 6400 Water Pump replacement! #5  

Attachments

• jd_waterpump.jpg
    jd_waterpump.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 96
Yes
It will most likey be fairly integrated into the front of the engine, even so its better than having Jd come out and service it
Ya looking like I have to take the front end off and that doesnt look appealing to me.

/ John Deere 6400 Water Pump replacement! #8  
I recently replaced the water pump on my 2005 jd5105. Dealer wanted $866 for a new one. I found a new aftermarket pump for $230 total on Amazon. I wrestled with the job for about 3 hours total. I’m getting old.

trying to revive this we haven't fixed it yet. Only video I could find online was horrible and basically said you must remove the entire front of the tractor radiator and everything to access the pump

/ John Deere 6400 Water Pump replacement! #10  
Not planning to attempt it until after you find a video that shows how without removing the radiator?