3-Point Hitch John Deere 5075M hitch problem

/ John Deere 5075M hitch problem #41  
I did get a chance to check my lift cylinder rods, and they are indeed 63mm, meaning I do have the HD lift cylinders.

Now, the list price of the 63mm lift cylinders when ordered with the tractor as option code 8458 is $585.00.

As stated, the retail cost of the entire HD hitch (including cylinders) is around $1500.

It seems reasonable to estimate that the retail cost difference between the SD hitch and HD hitch is around $600 (cylinders, lift arms, draft arms, top link).

That being the case, it doesn't make sense that the cost difference for just the cylinders is $585.

Still waiting to hear back from the dealer on this issue.

/ John Deere 5075M hitch problem #42  
Ok, I went to the online parts catalog and looked at the hitch options for the 5085M. I then googled each one for an online price and put together 3 options.

1 - 50mm lift cylinders SD hitch
2 - 56mm lift cylinders SD hitch
3 - 63mm lift cylinders HD hitch

hitchcomponents.PNG

2 things stand out to me:

1. The SD and HD components are pricing very close
2. The 63mm cylinders actually cost less than both the 50mm and 56mm ones. So for the 63mm cylinder option being $585 seems like a complete rip off if it does not include any other HD hitch components, and even if it does, the prices I found had the being almost equal anyway!

Last edited:
   / John Deere 5075M hitch problem #43  
Very strange the bigger lift cylinders were the cheapest. :confused:

How did you find prices on the HD lower draft links? When they are saying you can't buy them without buying a whole kit.

/ John Deere 5075M hitch problem #45  
Btw, I did look at the part numbers cast on my hitch and was able to match the left lift arm to the SD one from the online parts catalog. Part number is R260225. My center link body part number is R260378, which is almost identical to the SD one which has a part number of R260377. So I'm pretty sure I got all SD stuff. :mad:

/ John Deere 5075M hitch problem #46  
Is it possible that the other components of standard duty hitch will not attach correctly to the heavy duty arms. Perhaps the arms are thicker?

/ John Deere 5075M hitch problem
Man that`s weird.

I`m still waiting on the JD rep / my dealer to contact me a again with a better deal. If the parts cost is as close as shown above, Deere shouldnt even complain about replacing the faulty SD stuff with the HD setup.

We`ll see how it goes. If they dont want to work with us, I might ask you folks to write up your bad experiences and input regarding the SD hitches so that I have some ammunition when I go to war. The tractor has now been down a month.

/ John Deere 5075M hitch problem #48  
My dealer was finally able to discuss this whole situation with someone at Deere. Dealer is on my side that the 63mm cylinder option should have included all HD hitch components. He's wainting to hear back from Deere once they conclude their research. Should be interesting.

/ John Deere 5075M hitch problem #49  
My dealer was finally able to discuss this whole situation with someone at Deere. Dealer is on my side that the 63mm cylinder option should have included all HD hitch components. He's wainting to hear back from Deere once they conclude their research. Should be interesting.

That's pretty good news... your dealer has your back! I'll bet that Deere is REALLY wishing that they didn't go with a SD hitch configuration - in the first place!

Penny wise and Pound foolish! :rolleyes:

AKfish

/ John Deere 5075M hitch problem
pclausen, that is very interesting news. Please keep me posted, I would appreciate any information you find out. In addition, if you or your dealer are working to find out whats going on, I can give you my reference # regarding the issue I had with my hitch.

I think we should collectively approach Deere with this issue. As AK said, I`m certain they are aware that the SD hitch is not up to task. Trying to pinch pennies was a bad move.

My regional rep told me they went with SD hitches because they were trying to "reach different customers with different needs". As I told him, when you buy the top of the line model, you arent looking for anything "standard duty".