John Deere 1070 disconnected wire

/ John Deere 1070 disconnected wire #1  

Mgbcpa

Tractor
John Deere 1070
I have a 1070 (bought it new the year they came out) with a disconnected wire under the dash. It has a female connector on it with 2 wires, appears to be yellow + blue, and a solid blue (or could be faded black). The wire comes out of a bundle and is only a couple of inches long. Oh, and my fuel gauge and temp gauge stopped working. (a clue, maybe??)
Problem is I can't figure out where it plugs in!
There are a bunch of relays in the near vicinity but I can't see any empty plugs.
Any ideas?
Thank You

/ John Deere 1070 disconnected wire #2  
Female connector, so probably meant to be "plugged into".
A pic of that connector and what voltage it has when the ign switch is off and on.
Tractor runs okay, sans the two gauge's ?

/ John Deere 1070 disconnected wire
Female connector, so probably meant to be "plugged into".
A pic of that connector and what voltage it has when the ign switch is off and on.
Tractor runs okay, sans the two gauge's ?
Runs great. Tough to get a Pic, it's kind of under and behind a bracket that holds a couple of relays. I can't find any blades that aren't in connectors.
I may have to take it all apart. I'm puzzled because the 2 gauge's sometimes stopped working, and almost always together. Then they would both recover. Never noticed the disconnect before.

Runs great. Tough to get a Pic, it's kind of under and behind a bracket that holds a couple of relays. I can't find any blades that aren't in connectors.
I may have to take it all apart. I'm puzzled because the 2 gauge's sometimes stopped working, and almost always together. Then they would both recover. Never noticed the disconnect before.
I'll try to get an electrical reading.

Here's a pic
PXL_20220709_131120873.jpg

Another

Attachments

• PXL_20220709_131109403.jpg
    PXL_20220709_131109403.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 76
   / John Deere 1070 disconnected wire #7  
My 1996 870 with manual shift syncromesh transmission and front loader has the same connection dangling. I purchased the tractor new so no one has messed with that connector except for rats and squirells.

A month ago I replaced the broken positive cable clamp with a https://www.amazon.com/East-Penn-8867-Connect-Battery/dp/B00I0F7WRQ I did not know these kits existed. I picked it up at the local Oreilly's. I had replaced the negative clamp years ago with a regular repair clamp. The positive cable was too short for a regular repair clamp. Two weeks after the clamp repair the battery died while the tractor was on the trailer. Back to Walmart for a new battery. The old Walmart battery only last 8 or was it 9 years. Note that Walmart was almost $50 less expensive than Advanced, OReilly's, Autozone.

By the way the water temp gauge would sometimes not work. I suspect dubious battery connections. Everything works as expected now.

Thanx for the reply. Unfortunately this wire is under the dash, nowhere near the battery, and it comes out of a bundled wire cluster. I'd have to strip out the entire cluster to trace it.

If it's not apparent, this connector is a female blade connector. Can't find a matching male anywhere. I was thinking maybe it had briken off of something. Incidentally, fuel gauge now works, but no temp.

I may try replacing the temperature sender. Anyone know where I can get a replacement? (About to google it.)