Loader JD2305 loader control stick inputs reversed

/ JD2305 loader control stick inputs reversed
This is definitely a learning process…thank you

/ JD2305 loader control stick inputs reversed #12  
I went a different route and put one male and one female on the tractor. Also used different sizes of QD for lift lower vs curl, dump. I then plug hoses together to keep ends clean when attachments are not on the tractor.

I went a different route and put one male and one female on the tractor. Also used different sizes of QD for lift lower vs curl, dump. I then plug hoses together to keep ends clean when attachments are not on the tractor.
Thanks, oldnslo…great suggestion. I might eventually take that route.

I want to thank you all for you help. As Kenny suggested, putting the two hoses that were on the top couplers on to the bottom couplers solved the problem. She works perfectly! It looks like the prior owner just attached some colored caps and plugs in a random way without any regard for a logical assembly and disassembly.
Now it’s off to Harbor Freight to get some colored wire ties.

/ JD2305 loader control stick inputs reversed #16  
Just to add to the conversation. If you don’t have caps on & mow, dirt will fill up on the female quick disconnects. They’re expensive to buy but worth it. Beats spraying them clean to get male end of coupler to go back in.
Never release pressure with joy stick with bucket on during storage. It will cause quick disconnects to leak.
Always cycle joystick thru all possible positions ( Eng off ) before disconnecting quick disconnect to take loader off.
Love my 2305, but had to learn these things the hard way.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your reply. Excellent information. Yes, she’s a terrific machine!

/ JD2305 loader control stick inputs reversed #18  
Thank you very much for your reply. Excellent information. Yes, she’s a terrific machine!
Welcome to TBN! I did just that when I first took my loader on/off. Colored zip ties work great. Changing fittings would be a pretty expensive "fix".

/ JD2305 loader control stick inputs reversed #19  
Most welcome. I have had my 2305 since new 2010. It has 900 hours on it. I work it hard but am over excessive with the maintenance. I have had only three main issues. Once it died while mowing. Figured out it would stay running if I held the key on. Blown fuse in Eng compartment ( white cover ). I had added trailer lights. Wire got pinched. My starter went bad from half of tractor under water ( hurricane). And the stupid design to grease the driveshaft spider gears. I changed universal joints to grease zerk on cap. Tons of info on this. Do your research on it. Poor design and if goes bad, $1000. Also will mention if running PTO and it’s older than 2009. Use slip clutch or tranny will give out. 10 k.