JD Transmission

/ JD Transmission #1  

wdensmore1

Tractor
JD5420MFWD
Hi all, while I am new to this forum, I was hoping to get right down to business and hoping I can find some help with my problem. I bought this tractor used from local John Deer dealer in the spring of 2012 and last week I ran into the problem listed below. Was wondering/hoping someone could help.

I have a JD 5420 MFWD, serial number LV5420P346229 and I was unloading a chopper wagon with the PTO at about 2000 rpm. I went to move ahead moving the shuttle shift leverl from park to foward. The lever wanted to hang up just after moving the lever from park. I went back to park then to forward again and there was a big loud soung and hydraulic fluid poured out of a hold in the MFWD gear box. There was a big chunk of cast with a drain plug in it and it dropped out of the box along with a small 1/2" (bushing) that was in (2 pieces), It appears that the (bushing) dropped out from above and caught between forward gear and the drop box bottom; the tractor was in 1 wheel drive.

Can anyone out there tell me where this 1/2" bushing came from? Park Pawl Assembly? So far I have only removed the drop box and the front drive shaft. Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

/ JD Transmission #2  
I would suggest looking for the parts breakdown at John Deere online. I don't have a link.

Kim

/ JD Transmission
Thanks Kim, have already tried that at jdparts.deere.com. Any other help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

/ JD Transmission #4  
Welcome from Oklahoma. Perhaps take the bushing to the JD dealer and see if they can identify it for you.

Ken

/ JD Transmission #5  
Well, could it be the '31 - spacer' and '11 bushing' that appear because the '8' shaft went on vacation?

/ JD Transmission #6  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the John Deere Owning/Operating forum.

/ JD Transmission #8  
LVP3434________UN17MAY02.gifIs the bushing 1/2" inside diameter or outside? If outside diameter, I am guessing #15 in park linkage. If inside diameter, I am guessing you have the park pawl version #28. It has a roller built into it. If you remove the cover on the right side of the transmission, you might be able to see what is broken. It is the cover with the differential lock pedal attached to it.