JD 4110

/ JD 4110 #1  

nebraskasparks

Gold Member
Tractor
2010 Kubota L5740 HST and JD X734
Purchased this little 20 HP YANMAR mule at auction with 694 hours. Even the engine paint looks new. After servicing and changing filters I mowed some very tall spring grass and compared to our X734 with a 25 HP Kawasaki there is no comparison to its ability to mow with diesel “torque”. No leaks anywhere. Found another reason to smile.
IMG_7456.jpeg

/ JD 4110 #2  
I had a 4100 (earlier version) for many years. That is a tough machine and easy to service. It will easily handle a 4’ rotary cutter, 54” tiller, and 6’ rear blade. Be careful with the mid mount mower because it has a tendency to throw up dry chaff into the radiator, causing overheating. It works fine on green grass, but beware of dry grass and weeds. Enjoy.

/ JD 4110
Thanks JY…

You’re absolutely correct. When I was servicing everything I was smiling because of how easy and intuitive the engineers designed this to be. Definitely keep the dry matter in mind. BTW - the battery is only a year old and the starter doesn’t seem to turn very fast but it fires right up after just a couple seconds. Is that the norm for this machine?

/ JD 4110 #4  
I cannot remember how the machine started. I know it was a bit slow in cold weather. You could also just have a prematurely failing battery. I replaced my original with a battery specified for a Honda car. The case size is almost the same as the JD battery, but it has more CCA.

/ JD 4110 #6  
The drive shaft shaft U joints on this series need periodic grease. Replacement drive shaft is $$$$$, so take care of the OE. No zerks on the U joints. I never had any luck using a gun and needle, have to drop the drive shaft and slide the yokes to expose the caps/cage needles to get the grease where it needed to be. Enjoy the mowing.

/ JD 4110
The drive shaft shaft U joints on this series need periodic grease. Replacement drive shaft is $$$$$, so take care of the OE. No zerks on the U joints. I never had any luck using a gun and needle, have to drop the drive shaft and slide the yokes to expose the caps/cage needles to get the grease where it needed to be. Enjoy the mowing.

Hey Al3

I will definitely do that.
Found a zirk that wouldn’t take grease and replaced it.
I’ve also got a friend who owns two 4110s and a 1025R. He said the same thing. The mowing has definitely picked up speed with this little diesel.
Thanks again

Greg