JD 2210 Won't Start

/ JD 2210 Won't Start #1  

DIY Dude

Tractor
2005 JD 2210
My 2003 JD 2210 with 151 hours was running fine and just stopped, then it would start but shut off within seconds. Now it turns over but does not start. I have done the following:

- Blew out of the fuel lines
- Fuel shutoff solenoid is working properly
- Fuel is flowing to the intake side of the fuel pump
- All fuses test good
- By passed the seat switch
- Fuel valve is open
- Installed new fuel filter
- Removed the fuel pump, arm has normal wear

I no longer hear the click when turning the ignition switch. What does that click represent? Also, I do not have fuel flowing from the fuel pump when in turning the engine over. Any suggestions are appreciated.

/ JD 2210 Won't Start #2  
Fuel shut off solenoid is working properly.

What does that mean? You have removed it entirely, plugged the wires on, and tested it with the key switch in various positions and see the plunger rod move back and forth? Have you tried cranking with the solenoid removed?

With solenoid removed have you reached in with your finger and lightly push against whatever the rod contacts to see if that moves back and forth with slight spring pressure?

/ JD 2210 Won't Start #3  
Sure sounds like fuel shutoff.

Try Harry's suggestions. We need to eliminate the fuel shutoff before moving to the next possibility.

/ JD 2210 Won't Start #4  
If there is no clack check the injection pump solenoid thermistor. It should be behind the fuse box.
The solenoid activates the injection pump. It does not shut off the fuel.

Attachments

• 5F96011D-5C28-47DE-9218-6508051373CF.jpeg
    5F96011D-5C28-47DE-9218-6508051373CF.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 237F6E25-D04D-4F8A-B16E-ADDEFD8A5CF0.jpeg
    237F6E25-D04D-4F8A-B16E-ADDEFD8A5CF0.jpeg
    16.3 KB · Views: 34
   / JD 2210 Won't Start #5  
My 2003 JD 2210 with 151 hours was running fine and just stopped, then it would start but shut off within seconds. Now it turns over but does not start. I have done the following:

- Blew out of the fuel lines
- Fuel shutoff solenoid is working properly
- Fuel is flowing to the intake side of the fuel pump
- All fuses test good
- By passed the seat switch
- Fuel valve is open
- Installed new fuel filter
- Removed the fuel pump, arm has normal wear

I no longer hear the click when turning the ignition switch. What does that click represent? Also, I do not have fuel flowing from the fuel pump when in turning the engine over. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Have you bled the system after doing all this work on the fuel delivery system?

/ JD 2210 Won't Start
I did all of the above regarding the fuel shutoff solenoid plus installed a new one.

/ JD 2210 Won't Start
Have you bled the system after doing all this work on the fuel delivery system?
What are the proper steps for bleeding the system on the 2210? I read it was a "autobleed" system. I have strong fuel to the pump. I had resistance when reinstalling the pump. Any help is greatly appreciated.

/ JD 2210 Won't Start #8  
Dang it. Was hoping for an easy solution. I don't know how to bleed the system. Maybe Google search it? Pretty sure it's a fuel delivery problem. Good flow to the pump is a plus. The engine uses mechanical injectors that trip at a preset pressure. So if the injector pump isn't building that pressure they won't spray. Air in the system would cause that for sure.

Try loosening the feed line at one injector at a time and turn it over. Should push air out. By the time you've bled two it should try to start but miss when running.

Got my fingers crossed for you.

/ JD 2210 Won't Start #9  
Revisit the fuel shut off solenoid. If you don't hear or feel it click on and off with the key on and off, then find out why. If that's not working (for whatever reason) or the part in the pump component it pushes against isn't moving, you can bleed forever and the pump will not deliver any fuel.

/ JD 2210 Won't Start #10  
Revisit the fuel shut off solenoid. If you don't hear or feel it click on and off with the key on and off, then find out why. If that's not working (for whatever reason) or the part in the pump component it pushes against isn't moving, you can bleed forever and the pump will not deliver any fuel.
I agree. Key on should have good fuel flow to the Injector Pump.

If you do have, which I thought you said you did, then the Injector pump should build fuel pressure to the Injectors. Crack the line at the Injector while turning over the engine. Should squirt out fuel and release whatever air is trapped. Messy. Very messy.