JD 2210 Won't Start

/ JD 2210 Won't Start #11  
Key on or off makes no difference in flow TO the injection pump. The action of the shut off solenoid and the related internal parts it contacts is what affects the delivery from the pump units sending fuel to the injectors. THAT seems to me to where the problem is.

/ JD 2210 Won't Start #12  
Key on or off makes no difference in flow TO the injection pump. The action of the shut off solenoid and the related internal parts it contacts is what affects the delivery from the pump units sending fuel to the injectors. THAT seems to me to where the problem is.
I agree. Cracking an injector line and turning it over would verify whether the inj pump is getting fuel?

/ JD 2210 Won't Start #13  
I think he's confirmed it's GETTING fuel, just not sure why it's not delivering.

/ JD 2210 Won't Start #14  
I suppose it's possible the pump has failed. But unlikely. Hoping for a simple fix such as bleeding the air out of the system.

I've never had any sort of interruption such as running out of fuel so I've never had to bleed mine.

/ JD 2210 Won't Start #15  
As stated: the solenoid only activates the pump so if there is no clack the engine turns over but the injection pump is not pumping Any fuel.
The failure of the thermistor involved has been a common occurrence.

Do a search on TBN!

/ JD 2210 Won't Start #16  
Fuel and compression for a diesel to run, the starter is just to get the motor turned over to pump the fuel. Like they said loosen lines going to injectors and turn it over to see if fuel or air or both come out. If you get fuel it's not the fuel shut-off. Also look for a bad line going to injectors and tank to pump letting air in.

/ JD 2210 Won't Start #17  
Have you bled the system after doing all this work on the fuel delivery system?
Bleeding a Diesel Fuel System

Start at the fuel outlet of the tank (inlet to the filter). Shut the tank valve, remove the line at the filter inlet and holding a suitable container to catch the diesel fuel, open the valve. You should have a CONTINUOUS rush/flow of fuel out of the line. If it dribbles or is intermittent, check the fuel cap for a blockage of the fuel vent or the strainer upstream of the valve for clogging. The strainer/screen is attached to the shut-off valve, and is positioned up inside the tank. You will have to drain the tank and pull the valve to clean the screen.

If you have good fuel flow at that point, reconnect the line and open the bleeder screw at the top of the filter. Turn on the tank valve and wait till you have a steady flow of fuel with no bubbles at the top of the filter, then close the bleeder screw.

Your pump may have a bleeder screw. If so, open that until fuel streams out with no bubbles, then close it. If you cannot identify the bleeder screw, loosen the inlet connection at the pump and purge air at that point.

Go back and make sure ALL the fittings in the fuel delivery system are tight so they cannot suck air.

Make sure the battery is fully charged. Loosen the fuel fittings at the injectors, either one at a time or all at once. Crank the engine till you see all fuel at the injector fittings and then tighten the fittings. If you do indvidual fittings, the engine will usually start before you get to the last fitting.

Alternatively, you can "tow-start" it to save wear and tear on your starter. Leave the injector lines cracked open at the injectors at first to purge the lines. Then tighten them up and she should start.

Your injection pump puts out a very small amount of fuel (high pressure/low volume). BE PATIENT. If the lines are totally empty, it takes a lot of cranking to fill them up.

sixbales & Jerry/MT