/ JD 2210 HST cranks but won’t start. #1  

PLH2021

Tractor
John Deere 2210 HST
I got this Tractor as a barn find only 85 hours. It hasn’t been turned on in years. When I go to turn it on all it does is crank. I emptied all the fuel out of it and replaced it with new. Still does the same thing. All the fluids are full. I pulled off the injector lines and they had fuel but barely any was coming out is that normal in these tractors? What all should I be doing to get this running It seems to be a fuel issue.

Attachments

• 671134F3-6DF2-4317-843A-83524477578C.jpeg
    671134F3-6DF2-4317-843A-83524477578C.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 108
   / JD 2210 HST cranks but won’t start. #2  
Does it have a fuel filter? Generally fuel leaves the tank under gravity feed. Break the line at the fuel filter to see if you get good flow from the tank. Replace the fuel filter. Be sure the air filter is clear. Does it have glow plugs? Are they functional? Do they get voltage when activated? Why has it not been used in years? That may be a clue.

/ JD 2210 HST cranks but won’t start.
It does have a fuel filter and doesn’t seem to have any problems having fuel run through it. The air filter looks brand new. I haven’t checked on glow plugs yet. The guy who owned it went through some financial issues and just let everything go to hell and then he passed away that’s why it was sitting so long.

/ JD 2210 HST cranks but won’t start. #4  
I pulled off the injector lines and they had fuel but barely any was coming out is that normal in these tractors? It seems to be a fuel issue.
"Barely coming out" while cranking point's to restriction,fuel shut off malfunction or bad injector pump. If fuel come's out under pressure,lack of glow plug operating is possible but unlikly in hot weather. If glow plugs work and fuel squirts,it's time to test compression. I wouldn't get close to it with gasoline or starting fluid.

/ JD 2210 HST cranks but won’t start. #5  
Considering that it hasn't been run for "years", sounds like the fuel system is plugged up, especially with the "barely any coming out". From the injectors. The first thing to check would be the solenoid that activates the fuel pump. An engine that has such low hours probably has high compression and wouldn't need glow plugs after a few cranks. My 2210 has 300 hours and will start after a few seconds of cranking without using the glow plugs.

It would also be a good idea to put some diesel injector cleaner into the fuel tank.

/ JD 2210 HST cranks but won’t start. #6  
Considering that it hasn't been run for "years", sounds like the fuel system is plugged up, especially with the "barely any coming out". From the injectors. The first thing to check would be the solenoid that activates the fuel pump. An engine that has such low hours probably has high compression and wouldn't need glow plugs after a few cranks. My 2210 has 300 hours and will start after a few seconds of cranking without using the glow plugs.

It would also be a good idea to put some diesel injector cleaner into the fuel tank.
Check the fuel shut off in the fuel pump. Most likely things are stuck. There should be a plate with 4 screws.

/ JD 2210 HST cranks but won’t start. #7  
On my 4600, I had an issue where it wouldn’t start. It turned out to be an issue with the fuel shutoff solenoid. When I removed the solenoid, it started right up. The spring in the solenoid shuts off the fuel, so if the solenoid isn’t working, it keeps it from starting. So removing the solenoid let’s it run, but shutting it off requires you need to slip the solenoid back in.