JD 2010 PTO Question

/ JD 2010 PTO Question #1  

docrocky

Silver Member
Tractor
Oliver 880, Ford 8N, Ford 9N, Farmall Super C, MF 205, Ford 4400 FEL, Ford 4500 FEL/BH, Cat D-6 Dozer(1957)
My friend (old MF dealer) and I are struggling with the PTO on the 2010. It would engage with the lever but quickly throw out. We dismantled down to the lever arm adjusting turnbuckle(?) but it would not hold position properly. So we took the entire PTO mechanism down to the clutch and found that there appears to be sleeve that is supposed to slide in and out to engage the clutch. The 2 shop manuals we have do not address the schematics in detail and he (friend) can't get any of the JD dealers to offer advise. Probably the tractor is too old for current repair personnel to remember. He is vexed because on his old line of MF and other tractors he knew exactly what was needed but lacking a far range of JD experiences. I only hold the wrenches.
Can any one offer. I don't have the pictures with me at present and could attach later.
Thank You

/ JD 2010 PTO Question #2  
I think the pto disengaging itself is connected to worn teeth /splines on parts key #22 &/or #5.

Attachments

• T6431__________UN01JAN94.gif
    T6431__________UN01JAN94.gif
    34.7 KB · Views: 119