Is it time to reorganize?

Should we combine some forums?

• Yes, too many sections

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • No, sections are good

Votes: 52 80.0%

• Total voters
   / Is it time to reorganize? #21  
My vote is a very firm I dont know..............

/ Is it time to reorganize? #24  
My daily routine is...
1.) Log In
2.) Check "My Home" for updates to threads I'm subscribed to.
3.) Browse "Today's Posts".
So in the end, any changes to the sections probably wouldn't affect me that much anyway.

My vote is a very firm I dont know..............

The resounding meh tells me that it's pretty good as is.

That said, I like the idea of a logging/firewood forum
Under the tractor brand specific forums, I would collapse the Buying/Pricing and Owning Operating into a single forum category.

TBN is awesome!

/ Is it time to reorganize? #25  
The resounding meh tells me that it's pretty good as is.

That said, I like the idea of a logging/firewood forum
Under the tractor brand specific forums, I would collapse the Buying/Pricing and Owning Operating into a single forum category.

TBN is awesome!
I would tend to agree with you on this, perhaps not for the bigger brands (Deere, Kubota & NH?), but for a lot of the smaller brand forums if they're only getting one or two posts a week it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to seperate the buying and pricing forum from the owning/operating forum.
Like many on here, I tend to just open up the list of subscribed threads, then the list of new posts. I don't generally browse by sub-forum unless I'm starting a new thread.

Aaron Z

Last edited:
   / Is it time to reorganize? #26  
Like some of the others who've commented, I log in and move to Today's Posts with the least number of taps possible. My vision is poor and I immediately stretch the screen so that I can read the messages without eye strain. (I use a tablet.) This moves the forum's title off screen to the right and I forget that it's even there. The only times I remember this causing problems is when someone has mentioned a plow and I thought they were turning dirt when they were pushing snow. Unless my personal problem is more widespread than I think, I see no reason to delete or merge forums because of it. As has been pointed out, the multiple forums narrow down a topic for those who're looking for specific information.

Last edited:
   / Is it time to reorganize? #27  
Specifically I'm talking about making tags mandatory on new threads to help organize within the more broad sections.

This is a good idea. Add a tag for EMISSIONS TECHNOLOGY.

Create one tag for EARTH PLOWS, a second tag for SNOW PLOWS.

Last edited:
   / Is it time to reorganize? #28  
All of the posts about 'Today's Posts' or 'New Posts' are fine for daily reading or responding. But they don't help for creating threads. You still need to navigate the main forum sections to start a thread and that's where it can get a bit confusing. I often see brand specific trouble shooting threads in the general Owning and Operating section. Nothing wrong with that, but just an example.

/ Is it time to reorganize? #29  
It might be helpful to have a - "For new members section". How to find posts & topics, how to develop a new post, posting pictures, etc. Otherwise - I like TBN the way it is right now.

/ Is it time to reorganize? #30  
Several things I would like to see:

A "subscribe" button so that a person could subscribe to an interesting thread without cluttering the thread with one or two words that don't add anything to the thread.

A "like" button because I like the idea but don't want to subscribe to the thread.

There may be good reasons for not doing the above ideas that I haven't thought of. If so that's fine.