Intro

/ Intro #1  

Chaostamer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215 w/ FEL & Kubota M6040 w FEL
Greetings - I am non-mechancal type trying to figure things out on a 35 acre place. By day I work at a university, but night I try to keep up with my two kids (2.5 years and 1 yr old). We are trying to run some cattle, sheep and horses (we got in the sheep to try to learn how to train herding dogs - still in the process but thankfully parenthood came along). We live in northern Idaho on the Palouse. We get a fair amount of snow, and given that we live on top of a hill at the base of the mountains, the snow really piles up at times. I drive a 2007 3215 Mahindra. Works great for 95+% of the work we need to do.

/ Intro #3  
Welcome!
Sounds ambitious.
You may end up needing tire chains.
Is your growing season long enough to grow tomatoes?

/ Intro
Big e - the tomato season consists of buying at the Farmer's Market. However, our neighbor does a great job with it. We have been here 4 summers and are 1 for 4 for gardens. The first year our cistern went dry. The second year we got something. The third year we had a kid. The fourth our well went dry. The garden must be a curse. ;)

/ Intro #5  
Welcome to TBN; sounds like you have a very full life, living in the country and raising a family; just can't beat it.:thumbsup: