Seeders International 600 Grain Drill

/ International 600 Grain Drill #1  

Kando

Silver Member
Tractor
2xFord 5000, Ford 960
Hello TBN. I've been looking around at some grain drills for haying use. One that's caught my eye right now is an International 600 drill. 24 hole drill, 6" spacing, single disc openers 12", grass seed attachment, 12' planting width. Price is 1450. Other drills for sale from the same place are an International 510, JD 8350 and JD 8250 for 2500, 2250, and 1950 respectively. All three have 7ス" spacing. I do believe I've read a thread recommending 6" spacing but for the life of me I can't find it. Any advice here is welcome. How is parts availability for these older drills? I've done some cursory searching for owners manuals through google but haven't turned up anything.

A note, I've looked at Brillion seeders, and for my use they would be ideal, however even used they're up above my price range. I'd love one, but it's above my means at the moment.

I do mean to go look at them this weekend, but I would preferably be there to go home with one. Some of the closest I've been able to find (through fastline) yet it's still a 3.5-4 hour drive each way.

/ International 600 Grain Drill #2  
I restored two old Minneapolis Moline P3-6 drills (20 drops, 6" spacing, single disc openers, boxes for both large and small seeds). Bought them from a neighbor and used parts from both to make a good drill (the other is a lawn ornament). Used the drill to plant Kanota oats. The 6" row spacing works fine for grain crops like hay that have large seeds. Brillion seeders are the way to go for small seed crops like alfalfa.

Drill-6.JPGM5525 drill---3.JPGKanota oats-1.JPGKanota oats-2.JPGDrill-8.JPG

Good luck