Installing a loader on an M7060

/ Installing a loader on an M7060 #1  

Dave from GA & KY

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060 Kioti CK35
I've looked around on the net and all I can find is how to remove and reinstall your existing loader. I can't find much of anything on installing a loader on a tractor that's not "loader ready". I have a 2017 Kubota M7060 mfwd cab tractor and am thinking about adding a loader. The tractor is not "loader ready" so it doesn't already have a joystick in the cab and no mid mount hydraulic hookups. I do have 2 rear hydraulic valves but I don't want to use them for the loader.

What does it take in equipment, dollars, & labor to add a kubota LA1154 loader? If I were to find a deal on a LA1154 loader, what would it take to add a joystick and appropriate hydraulics? I'm pretty good with mechanics, I assume I could do it myself, anything major I should consider about that?

I would consider an aftermarket loader, but would still want mid hookups and a joystick in the cab. Do companies like Bush Hog with their Quicke loaders make complete kits for different tractors to integrate their loader as neatly as factory Kubota loaders? All aftermarket loader's I've used have oddly situated joysticks & many use the rear hydraulic outlets, but these have all been much older units from the 80s & 90s.

Any info & insight would be greatly appreciated.

/ Installing a loader on an M7060 #2  
Easiest would be to add the relevant Kubota valve kit for your cab tractor and LA1154 loader. Everything you are asking about in one box. A Bush Hog dealer could tell you if a Quicke loader could be ordered configured for an M Series tractor with OEM joystick and mid mount valve.
Here's a nugget. The Kubota valve install instructions are part of the LA1154 install manual. If you end up buying the valve only have your dealer download the loader install manual for you.

/ Installing a loader on an M7060 #3  
You’d probably be better off to buy a tractor that already has one.

/ Installing a loader on an M7060 #4  
You’d probably be better off to buy a tractor that already has one.

That's true far more often than not but at least everything under discussion here is current production. Usually these threads are about 15 year old tractors.

/ Installing a loader on an M7060 #5  
Buying a loader and everything it needs to work especially a Kubota one still isn’t going to be a very cost effective option.

/ Installing a loader on an M7060 #6  
Buying a loader and everything it needs to work especially a Kubota one still isn’t going to be a very cost effective option.

He pretty much has to buy a loader one way or another if he wants one.
I'm not suggesting it is cost effective, inexpensive or whatever. It's not my dime and I don't know or want to know what the budget is. He wanted to know how to accomplish the task and I tried to help. Costs will have to come from the people selling the whole goods. What is affordable and or prudent is decided by the guy with the checkbook.
Do you have anything worthwhile to add or you just gonna critique the responses? I happen to agree with you. On the other hand if he's gonna do the install himself he's way ahead of most guys that think about buying a loader after the initial tractor purchase.

/ Installing a loader on an M7060
He pretty much has to buy a loader one way or another if he wants one.
I'm not suggesting it is cost effective, inexpensive or whatever. It's not my dime and I don't know or want to know what the budget is. He wanted to know how to accomplish the task and I tried to help. Costs will have to come from the people selling the whole goods. What is affordable and or prudent is decided by the guy with the checkbook.
Do you have anything worthwhile to add or you just gonna critique the responses? I happen to agree with you. On the other hand if he's gonna do the install himself he's way ahead of most guys that think about buying a loader after the initial tractor purchase.

I've got a 2017 m7060 MFWD cab, 1200 hours, air ride seat, cast rear wheels, 2 remotes all in excellent condition that I paid 22k for. Even if I spend 12k for a loader I've got $34k in the whole rig. I can't find one as nice as mine with a loader for $34k. And, bonus, I don't have to sell & buy.

But, I think if I work at it, I can probably do a lot better than 12K. So, it seems pretty cost effective to me when you consider a new one with loader would be well north of $50k.

Just exploring my options. Appreciate the info.

/ Installing a loader on an M7060 #9  
Dave
I agree with you. I've mounted many frt end loaders since 1965. All FEL must be mounted & IMHO not that difficult a task. Good luck in your search. Have you inquired about price of a new Kubota FEL?

/ Installing a loader on an M7060
Dave
I agree with you. I've mounted many frt end loaders since 1965. All FEL must be mounted & IMHO not that difficult a task. Good luck in your search. Have you inquired about price of a new Kubota FEL?

No Jim, I haven't checked the price from a dealer yet... scares me a little cause I'm cheap. :) I'll also check availability & price of aftermarket.
I thought maybe someone on here had been through it and might have some advice & suggestions.