Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE?

/ Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #31  
Here is another question in connection with my upcoming purchase of a Kubota 2501HST with FEL and 3rd function valve. I'm planning for R4 tires and rear wheel spacers. The primary intended use for my tractor is brush clearing and road maintenance. My property here in the Texas hill country is rocky and hilly, and my half-mile driveway is narrow and curvy and fairly steep in some places. The steep places are paved, and the rest is caliche/gravel/dirt. The brush consists of juniper/cedar bushes/trees including little saplings up to ~16-inch trunks.

Implement considerations:
Grapple - I've already received some excellent advice regarding types of grapples and their uses. Thank you to all who have commented.

Rear blade vs box blade - Given how curvy and hilly my driveway is, I'm leaning toward a rear blade because it seems like it will better pull the gravel back onto the road, but I am open to suggestions.

Tooth bar - I'm certainly going to be doing some digging in this rocky ground, and also hoping to tear out some saplings and bushes. Based on videos and comments I have seen the Piranha toothbar seems excellent for this sort of thing, but perhaps traditional teeth attached to my bucket is better.

Weights - I plan to get my rear tires filled, and will likely keep the rear blade on for additional rear weight......Not sure if I want to also get wheel weights or a ballast box.

Any comments or suggestions are very welcome. Thank you.
Definitely get your tires loaded, it’s well worth the money. A grader blade is a good investment as would be a set of forks. Make sure that you look carefully at the available tractor options and buy whatever you think you’ll want now since once the tractors change models, you may find that you have to go to the parts department to find it. Case in point: a remote valve-you can buy it now as a complete kit, or later in pieces 😊. I liked the telescopic draft link things instead of turnbuckles. Good luck😊

/ Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #32  
I am happy to let you know that I pulled the trigger on a Kubota L3560LE HST 4WD with the LA805 loader and R4 tires!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

L3560 R4 tire spread, outside-to-outside, is 62" with narrowest wheel spread.

If you go with one of the heaviest 60" box blade available (650 pounds)
air inflated tires will serve you well. (Consider air rather than liquid if you will cross residential lawns.)

If you go with a heavy 72" box blade (700 pounds) you MAY wish to opt for "loaded" rear tires for enhanced traction as your box blade payload will be potentially heavier.

Attachments

• DSC00177.jpg
    DSC00177.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 401
  • DSC00178.jpg
    DSC00178.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 492

Attachments

• DSC00072.jpg
    DSC00072.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 503
  • IMG_0439.JPG
    IMG_0439.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 0 bytes · Views: 0

Last edited:
   / Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #33  
Congrats, I think you are wise to get the bigger tractor.

If you are going to be doing grapple work, get the tires loaded and I agree with getting the 72" box blade, Your tractor will handle it fine.

/ Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #34  
CONGRATULATIONS!!

L3560 R4 tire spread, outside-to-outside, is 62" with narrowest wheel spread.

If you go with one of the heaviest 60" box blade available (650 pounds)
air inflated tires will serve you well. (Consider air rather than liquid if you will cross residential lawns.)

If you go with a heavy 72" box blade (700 pounds) you MAY wish to opt for "loaded" rear tires for enhanced traction as your box blade payload will be potentially heavier.

Attachments

• DSC00177.jpg
    DSC00177.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 401
  • DSC00178.jpg
    DSC00178.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 492

Attachments

• DSC00072.jpg
    DSC00072.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 503
  • IMG_0439.JPG
    IMG_0439.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 0 bytes · Views: 0
Can you show me where the outside to outside on the R4 is 62in, because the narrowest I've been able to get was 70in
(Real life, not copy and pasting tractordata).

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #35  
My 2012 L3560, just sold, had 62" R4 rear tire width.

The Bush Hog (brand) rollover Box Blade pictured in Post #32 is 60"/64" wide. You can see the box blade is just a mite wider than the tires because the 64" overall box blade width is slightly wider than the 60" operating width.

Your L3560 Operator's Manual will show the wheel position and hub position required for 62" rear tire width. You must have both wheels and hubs oriented appropriately. Adjustable rear wheel hubs are uncommon on compact-category tractors

Last edited:
   / Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #36  
Implement considerations:
Grapple - I've already received some excellent advice regarding types of grapples and their uses. Thank you to all who have commented.
Get the Grapple it may be the most useful attachment you will ever own

Rear blade vs box blade - Given how curvy and hilly my driveway is, I'm leaning toward a rear blade because it seems like it will better pull the gravel back onto the road, but I am open to suggestions.

I Don't have one wouldn't have a use for one. but you might consider a land plane for the unpaved driveway

Tooth bar - I'm certainly going to be doing some digging in this rocky ground,

With a 20 horse tractor you won't be doing much digging in compacted or stony ground.

and also hoping to tear out some saplings and bushes.

I use my grapple for that Works best if I use a ripper around the bush first if it's well established. your bucket won't do that very well - at least mine doesn't and I have a heavier 47HP tractor

Based on videos and comments I have seen the Piranha toothbar seems excellent for this sort of thing, but perhaps traditional teeth attached to my bucket is better.
When I want to dig I use the ripper and or a tiller first. Tractors dig into broken soil just fine. Compacted soil is a real challenge. I won't even bother trying.

Weights - I plan to get my rear tires filled, and will likely keep the rear blade on for additional rear weight......Not sure if I want to also get wheel weights or a ballast box.

There are lots of really great home made concrete weight systems on line and in this forum. Some incorporate tool boxes, rake and shovel holders, even chainsaw holders. I'd go that route before I paid for weight.

/ Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #37  
My 2012 L3560, just sold, had 62" R4 rear tire width.

The Bush Hog (brand) rollover Box Blade pictured in Post #32 is 60"/64" wide. You can see the box blade is just a mite wider than the tires because the 64" overall box blade width is slightly wider than the 60" operating width.

I believe your L3560 Operator's Manual will show the wheel position and hub position required for 62" rear tire width. You must have both wheels and hubs oriented appropriately. Adjustable rear wheel hubs are uncommon on compact-category tractors
Any pictures of how yours was configured, all the manuals give are track width not overall width.

Here's my L3240 which uses the same tires, wheels and rear axle as the L3560.
310538076.jpg

As you can see the fenders prevent going any narrower and the outside width is 70in.
930690497.jpg
286882466.jpg

/ Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #38  
The L3560 Operator's Manual, which went to the new owner of my L3560 tractor, contains diagrams showing wheel and hub orientation for each of four wheel/tire spreads with R4 tires.

With the ground level fueling introduced with the /60 models the wheel components and possibly undercarriage components MAY be distinct from the /40 models. I do not know this; just speculating.

Last edited:
   / Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #39  
The L3560 Operator's Manual, which went to the new owner of my L3560 tractor, contains diagrams showing wheel and hub orientation for each of four wheel/tire spreads with R4 tires.

With the ground level fueling introduced with the /60 models the wheel components and possibly undercarriage components MAY be distinct from the /40 models. I do not know this; just speculating.

Any regret, now, for typing this rather snide line?
Yes I'm familiar with the wheel setup diagrams for both the L3560 and L3240, neither show overall width.

That's why I asked you if you could show me how yours was set up since there doesn't appear to be any way to get narrower then 70in with the R4's from my experiences.

Sorry I upset you, but I just wanted actual examples rather then copies from tractor data as it doesn't have the relevant information.

/ Initial attachments to get with new Kubota L3560LE? #40  
JULY 22, 2019

The cab on a Kubota L3560 will add about 700 pounds, with most of the weight over the rear tires.
That is enough. I would inflate rear tires with air, the simplest option.

Maintaining traction is usually only an issue with ground engagement work. The only moderately demanding ground engagement work you foresee is pulling a LPGS. The 700 pound cab will put sufficient weight on the rear tires to maintain traction driven by modest 37-horsepower.

The rear R4 tires on the Grand Ls are, unusually, on two part wheels. L3560 rear wheels/tires can be spread to any of three width increments: 52.2", 53.5" or 57.7" tread width. Tread width is from CENTER of one rear tire to CENTER of other rear tire. Tread width is published because tire suppliers change tire configurations but tread width is always tread width.

Spreading the rear wheel/tire stance increases tractor stability more than any other individual option. Consider rear wheel spread first.

My L3560 with R4/industrial tires set at 52.2" tread width has an outside-to-outside tire width of 62". Tire marks in soil are about 59", outside to outside. Buy a 10' stick of 1-1/4" PVC pipe. Cut pipe at max tire width. Mark narrower widths on pipe. Walk around your land, comparing pipe to tree spreads, gates, etc.

My OPEN STATION L3560 with R4 tires inflated with air pulls a 620 pound 60"/64" Rollover Box Blade, full of dirt, uphill, fine. Don't fill the rear tires with liquid; with a cab the additional tire weight is pointless.

Last edited: