Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
#1,111  
The pic with the bent metal is an older machine. The new ones have to pieces joined by a piece that wraps all the way around.
Wow, that is an impressive bend, And needs more bracing. Looks like it is made of the same 12mm mild steel plate that was used in the floor of the house.

I may have to start a thread on Repairing Small Chinese Excavators.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,112  
Wow, that is an impressive bend, And needs more bracing. Looks like it is made of the same 12mm mild steel plate that was used in the floor of the house.

I may have to start a thread on Repairing Small Chinese Excavators.
That would be great, I very much appreciate your insight. You could start right away, tonight even.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,113  
I've noticed that the newer machine have a redesigned sprocket section, it apperas to be much more robust. See attached pics. Do you think it would still be wise to add bracing accross the rear to keep the spacing.
Definitely. I find its much easier to weld in reinforcements when something is straight, before it gets bent and twisted. Often its impossible for me to get something back to perfect. Besides, most people want to add weight to their machine, so I can add it 1lb at a time!! :)

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,114  
#1,115  
The MachPro Mini Ex have a bar welded between the drive motors.
Good find. Thanks for posting.

I have been working on tying my rear hose protection into a lower plate. I was going to use some stainless steel plate, but now I think I will go with a thicker bar like in the photo. Esp after seeing pix of that bent frame.

I wonder why the MachPro folks did not do anything about protecting the hoses.

Attachments

• wheel_motor_protection_3.JPG
    wheel_motor_protection_3.JPG
    261.6 KB · Views: 70
#1,116  
I also really like the improved blade cylinder with hardlines to protect the vulnerable hoses and fittings. Also note the tie-down holes in the blade. Nice.

Tiedowns in the rear sure would be nice, too.

Attachments

• blade_cylinder_protection_4.JPG
    blade_cylinder_protection_4.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 67
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,117  
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,119  
Connecting the frame tails / motors with steel member seems like an ok balance of strength/ease/aesthetics/function.

I opted not to do that yet. Aesthetics
jodieadiar: thanks for the pic of yours - that setup is substantially more stout with the 3 dimensional shape, I wouldn't expect any issues.
Wow I wonder the age/make of the bent one in your other pic- really obviously a poor design (without some decent gusseting)

Has anyone here needed any undercarriage parts
I don't think so. I'm thinking the greater average of machines will last with minimal repair/replacement for the first 2k or so hours. Shouldn't be difficult to source the bearings and generic stuff, and repair the rest.
My issue with 'agt' - I've not heard of direct contact/avenue to manu for parts?!? So yes a pain then to source drive sprocket (or more likely needed first - drive motor(s)). Does seem like they are working on NA dealer networks though - so perhaps a dealer could source (with their cut of course . . .)

The manu of mine seems to have everything available, to a point. For instance she got a little perturbed when I insisted they should source/sell cylinder rebuild 'kits' from their cylinder provider.
She can sell whatever cylinders you want but can't provided parts or even parts lists. Cylinders of this size not difficult to rebuild at all - . . . . with the exception of somehow finding the proper parts.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,120  
Connecting the frame tails / motors with steel member seems like an ok balance of strength/ease/aesthetics/function.

I opted not to do that yet. Aesthetics
jodieadiar: thanks for the pic of yours - that setup is substantially more stout with the 3 dimensional shape, I wouldn't expect any issues.
Wow I wonder the age/make of the bent one in your other pic- really obviously a poor design (without some decent gusseting)

I don't think so. I'm thinking the greater average of machines will last with minimal repair/replacement for the first 2k or so hours. Shouldn't be difficult to source the bearings and generic stuff, and repair the rest.
My issue with 'agt' - I've not heard of direct contact/avenue to manu for parts?!? So yes a pain then to source drive sprocket (or more likely needed first - drive motor(s)). Does seem like they are working on NA dealer networks though - so perhaps a dealer could source (with their cut of course . . .)

The manu of mine seems to have everything available, to a point. For instance she got a little perturbed when I insisted they should source/sell cylinder rebuild 'kits' from their cylinder provider.
She can sell whatever cylinders you want but can't provided parts or even parts lists. Cylinders of this size not difficult to rebuild at all - . . . . with the exception of somehow finding the proper parts.
They are still selling the machines with the old sprocket design, if you look at pictures of the ones listed online maybe 1/4 - 1/2 of of them still have it. The man bought my machine from said he couldn't find certain parts either and he is from China living in Tennessee. He said he just keeps a spare parts machine for his customers. Maybe when these machines start getting damaged, heavily used and listed for sale we can source parts from older machines. The drive motors on mine are BMK6-315 and I get several options when searching that one, I assume they will work but I may be wrong.