Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
#1,121  
She can sell whatever cylinders you want but can't provided parts or even parts lists. Cylinders of this size not difficult to rebuild at all - . . . . with the exception of somehow finding the proper parts.
The Rhino factory salesperson quoted me $50 for rebuild kits for all 4 cylinders, including air shipping to the US. Sadly, paying them required wiring the funds to China, as there was no other way to pay them. I told them they should list it on Alibaba or AliExpress, but got no response.

I have rebuilt 2 cylinders now, but that is going to be in a new thread on repairs.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,122  
The Rhino factory salesperson quoted me $50 for rebuild kits for all 4 cylinders, including air shipping to the US. Sadly, paying them required wiring the funds to China, as there was no other way to pay them. I told them they should list it on Alibaba or AliExpress, but got no response.

I have rebuilt 2 cylinders now, but that is going to be in a new thread on repairs.
Can't wait for that thread. All of theses machines being purchased now are going to need repairs soon.

#1,124  
I've noticed that the newer machine have a redesigned sprocket section, it apperas to be much more robust. See attached pics. Do you think it would still be wise to add bracing accross the rear to keep the spacing.
I see what you are saying. This newer, strengthened design seems to weld some curved plate all around the wheel motor support tail on the frame. It seems a lot harder to do, versus just a bar across the back.

Are both the pix you posted from FB? I am saving them.

It seems to me that there must have been numerous cases of bent frames like this, resulting in this improvement. I don't even want to operate my mini again until I reinforce these tails. I am gonna weld a plate between the tails. Perhaps other owners can report the space distance between the tails. Mine is currently 21 15/16". I hope it is not already bent.

Catching small rocks in the tracks is no fun, but the damage it can cause is very concerning.

Last edited:
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,125  
Not exactly sure where you are measuring from but my Typhon is ~19.5 inch between where the drive motors are mounted and about 6.5 inches between the motors.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,126  
I see what you are saying. This newer, strengthened design seems to weld some curved plate all around the wheel motor support tail on the frame. It seems a lot harder to do, versus just a bar across the back.

Are both the pix you posted from FB? I am saving them.

It seems to me that there must have been numerous cases of bent frames like this, resulting in this improvement. I don't even want to operate my mini again until I reinforce these tails. I am gonna weld a plate between the tails. Perhaps other owners can report the space distance between the tails. Mine is currently 21 1/8". I hope it is not already bent.

Catching small rocks in the tracks is no fun, but the damage it can cause is very concerning.
Yes, the pics are from Facebook. A good amount of newer machines have the redesign but I still see some of the older ones being sold new. I guess they are old stock. Here is the link. Log into Facebook

#1,127  
Not exactly sure where you are measuring from but my Typhon is ~19.5 inch between where the drive motors are mounted and about 6.5 inches between the motors.

Corrected my spacing above. 21 15/16" between wheel motor mounting plates. My plates are 9/16" thick. Photo attached.

19" is your motor mounting plate spacing? 6.5" between motors?

Attachments

• wheel_motor_mounts.jpg
    wheel_motor_mounts.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 54
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,128  
Using a metric ruler I get 495mm.

Attachments

• P1010031.1.JPG
    P1010031.1.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,129  
It seems to me that there must have been numerous cases of bent frames like this, resulting in this improvement. I don't even want to operate my mini again until I reinforce these tails. I am gonna weld a plate between the tails. Perhaps other owners can report the space distance between the tails. Mine is currently 21 15/16". I hope it is not already bent.
You could verify for yourself by removing the tracks and placing a straightedge on each drive sprocket and then measure the distance between the fronts of the straightedges and the rears. If they are the same (parallel) then no bend. Yes, this is probably a lot of work to remove the tracks but then you'd know for sure.

#1,130  
You could verify for yourself by removing the tracks and placing a straightedge on each drive sprocket and then measure the distance between the fronts of the straightedges and the rears. If they are the same (parallel) then no bend. Yes, this is probably a lot of work to remove the tracks but then you'd know for sure.
Sure, but removing/reinstalling tracks is no fun. BTDT

Everyone should check frame for straightness here if track comes off for any reason. Or take an above measurement and watch for changes.